Husband's ZX-10R WRECKED!

CaBusaGirl

Donating Member
Registered
So last Saturday we get our group together and head to Old Sacramento for lunch. The 8 of us had just gotten off the freeway in Downtown Sacramento. Made a left hand turn onto a one way street and were riding in staggered formation heading to the next light to make our turn into Old Sac. I am 2 bikes behind my husband and were traveling at 25 MPH. This OLD A$S man in the lane next to us Decides he wants to make a left hand turn as well, cuts right into the middle of our group and plows right into my husband! Handlebars tweaked, cluster gone, clutch snapped... THROTTLE JAMMED WIDE OPEN in first gear (Rear brake NOT holding and kill switch now NOT where it belongs) sends the bike flying and caused Dave to slam into the side of a pickup truck! I saw everything and at this point fear the worst because he was on the ground and not moving (knocked out). We were in the hospital for 3 days. He has a broken shoulder, thumb and ribs, punctured lung, scrapes and bruises... But... He will be ok! Got the police report back and Dave was not found at fault. Bike is a total loss (RIP little Kawi...) but looks like he will be getting one soon.

One more hits the dirt due to PEOPLE NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHILE DRIVING! The old man was trying to get back on the freeway and didn't know where he was...

untitled-6.jpg

Thankfully your hubby will be okay. Another dumbazz driver not paying attention to what is going on around him and your husband pays the price. I suppose he got what....a scrap in his door paint?

Any charges pressed by police?

Bummer! Glad to hear his injuries were not any worse. Hope he heals up and gets back in the saddle.
I foresee a small lawsuit in your favor outta this one :whistle:

Just sayin'

I'm glad I wasn't there riding with you guys......I'd be wanting to punch and kick some sense into the azzhole > > > till he was black & blue (& swollen) !! :spank:
hope your hubby mends well......maybe when the insurance payout comes thru it'll be a great opportunity for your hubby to get a nice 'busa ?!?! :whistle:

wow sorry that had to happen, worse that you watched it...

old man have anything to say? besides ooops?

Very sorry to hear about this, but glad that your husband will be OK.

:beerchug: to a quick recovery.

What a scene. Glad he's going to be okay...time for him to get a 'busa.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

sorry bout the bike but glad your hubby made it out with only "minor" injuries. People can be real idiots. I drive at least 5 hours a day on my job and I've come to realize that the majority of people on the road dont belong there! When you drive so much you get to see alot of stupid acts...especially in a tourist town. I have someone either cut me off or nearly run into me switching lanes at least once a day....happened twice today! Heres the good news....from my last few years of driving around for 5+hours every day in a tourist town I have been able to narrow down the United States worst drivers to two primary states....... Mississippi and Ohio! No kidding people. Every single time I see a wreck up here, or someone cuts me off, or pulls a u turn in the middle of bumper to bumper, or stops traffic for miles because they want to be two lanes over,etc...I always look at the tags just for the heck of it and it ALWAYS seems to be from one of those two states! What the hecks up with that? ???

Good to hear Dave will be ok. I've seen the bike at WCM a couple times didn't know it was his.

Bummer. I'm glad he'll be alright.

Like Scar said...time to get a busa. I just so happen to have one for sale!:whistle: I even deliver.:thumbsup:

For real though...prayers sent for a quick recovery.

Back