Hurray for taxes

Altec

Registered
I love it. Just finished my taxes and getting almost an even $6,000 back from uncle Sammy. <Note to Self: Adjust deductions again. Why is getting this much money all year?>

Anywho, looks like its time to start workin' on da Bus!
jump9.gif

Depends on what you call young. Lately I've been feeling ooooold.

But all things considered, 33 isn't that old.

But I am married with a son. Which kills all the fun of being single.
smile.gif

hey altec... watcha gonna do to the busa with all that money
rock.gif

Keep us posted on the mods
biggrin.gif
(With Pictures of course)

Kind of nice getting that fat check once a year, isn't it?
rock.gif

Shenoyp, I'm not sure exactly yet. Its still a bone stock '05 Black/Silver. With summer coming, I need a new lighter weight riding jacket. Even if I zip out the liner in the one I have now it will bake my from the inside by the middle of June. So I'm thinking:

First major mod, I think I'm going with is the Akropovic Evolution Full Titanium 4-2-1 w/ Power Commander.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigBS,

yeah getting the big check is nice, but I would honestly rather have the money in my pocket during the year and use it rather than have to wait 12 months for it.

I really try NOT to let this happen and adjust my finances every year accordingly. I have to go beat up my financial advisor and find out why he let the government make interest on my money rather than me. That's $500 a MONTH that should be in my pocket not "the man's."

I work hard for my money and I don't really appreciate that someone else (in this case the IRS/gov't) gets to play with it while I can't.

BigBS,

yeah getting the big check is nice, but I would honestly rather have the money in my pocket during the year and use it rather than have to wait 12 months for it.  

I really try NOT to let this happen and adjust my finances every year accordingly.  I have to go beat up my financial advisor and find out why he let the government make interest on my money rather than me.  That's $500 a MONTH that should be in my pocket not "the man's."

I work hard for my money and I don't really appreciate that someone else (in this case the IRS/gov't) gets to play with it while I can't.
Well, that's what I was going to say, but you've got that figured out already
smile.gif

Think of it for now as a forced savings account, and have fun with the money.

You might want to consider a mesh jacket for the summertime. They are like riding in a t shirt, but with protection. I got one last year and just love it, but it is only good for hot weather.

BigBS,

I really try NOT to let this happen and adjust my finances every year accordingly.  I have to go beat up my financial advisor and find out why he let the government make interest on my money rather than me.  That's $500 a MONTH that should be in my pocket not "the man's."

Yeah, exactly altec!  It's much better to plan ahead to get your taxes to a $0 owing/paid back.  Like you say, it's better to have the money during the year instead of giving an interest free loan to Old Sammy for the year.

Since u were able to survive without that extra '500' a month, it would have been even better if that 500 went into a 401K (RRSP for us) plan and get even more back!

So lets hear about those mods!
biggrin.gif
hehe

<!--EDIT|Iced
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111778632 -->

Yeah, getting money back is awesome. I unfortunately didn't get too much back this year, and it's gone already anyway.
blush.gif

Back