HumpMod.com

IG.

Registered
Selling kits to do the hump mod. Don't strugle - take advantage of months worth of research. Go to

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:firebrick'>HumpMod.com</span></span>

Long story short - I wanted to do the hump mod. Like everyone else. Going around hardware stores, Home Depot, ending up orderling samles - the size was wrong, I realized that there had to be an easier way - at least for others. After trying a bunch of different stuff, and combinations, I came up with the final result.

I will have a banner on the site once Cache makes it for me.

All suggestions are welcome.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114234963 -->

This is gotta see...
biggrin.gif

Got a 2000 model...but I still dont see how this works.....I see the wing tip one or the other, but what do you do with the screws in the hump already....I didnt see any type of bolt on this so how do they attach.....Im lost

Got a 2000 model...but I still dont see how this works.....I see the wing tip one or the other, but what do you do with the screws in the hump already....I didnt see any type of bolt on this so how do they attach.....Im lost
There is a clip that goes on the hump part that each of the wing/knurlled connectors go into.

btw I have already spent $20 trying to get some of the right sized parts that will work. Could never get anything right.... already ordered one.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114264564 -->

I just ordered mine I have been trying to figure a way of doing this for the idea i'll glady pay..lol
Jay

I have never even put my hump on the bike. I really need to do the grab bar mod and check into this.
smile.gif

I appreciate all the input from you guys. My younger daughter helped me with the design of the site, and we were jumping up and down once we saw the first few orders coming in.

I appreciate you guys trusting me, and ordering. I will do the best I can. Once I get the order, I provide very detailed instructions. Don't want to make public all my know-how I sweated out during the past few months.

I've been using that setup for the past couple of months, and had no issues. That includes street riding, going to the track, long trips, short trips. it's so nice to have that extra space. After instaling PC and alarm, there is just so little space in the tail section.

Anyway, thanks again for ordering, and whatever questions, concerns you might have, please let me know, and I will do my best to answer.

BTW, I tested the stuff I am sending for rust-proof - left it in whater for 3 days - nothing happens. Tried to break it with my bare hands - couldn't do - it's pretty well made. Could only brake it using two pairs of pliers.:O

It makes me feel warm that every time you use your little trunk, you will remember the guy somewhere far away who made it possible.:)

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114313125 -->

I will post up to let you all know that you do indeed get very detailed instructions with pics after you order the mod.
Jay

GREAT IDEA,

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>HOWEVER</span>

Last year I posted all the part numbers, w/quarter turn fastners, and how to get the parts free from places like sunco.

Quarter turn fastners as well as whats posted above work similar.

You remove the stock four bolts holding the white piece down. You also remove the four retaining clips that the stock bolts screwed into.

You replace the retaining clips with onces made for quarter turn fastners. You replace the stock bolts w/quarter turn fastners.

Thats it. 1/4 turn four nobs and lift off. $3.00 in parts, five min of time.

Great post. Daughter did a good job. The only downfall to wing nuts if the wing nuts are not perm attached is that at night they fall into the grass and your f&^ked. I started with those. If the wing nuts are perm attached then it's a good idea IMO.

jD

I think its great someone stepped up and is providing the parts in a kit... Hell, I could build a motorcycle, I know which parts to buy and where to get em, but it was much easier to walk into the Suzuki dealer and buy the Busa assembled.
cool.gif

GREAT IDEA,

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>HOWEVER</span>

...The only downfall to wing nuts if the wing nuts are not perm attached is that at night they fall into the grass and your f&^ked.  I started with those.  If the wing nuts are perm attached then it's a good idea IMO.

jD
Ice,

I would not be able to look in the mirror if I offered something to the world that would fall off the moment you take it off.

I played socker with my hump, and nothing happened, not even a scratch. j/k.

Don't worry, nothing is going to get lost.

I didn't spend 3 months for nothing. And, actually, the way it started, I simply wanted to do the hump mod myself. It took time, nothing would fit, or too loose, I was frustrated. That's where I realized that it must be that almost everyone struggles through this.

As simple as the idea is, the devil is in the details. And, I tried so many different things, and finally came to something that really works. And, I put it on my bike, and kept using it for a while. And, I wiggled it so hard and so many times to make sure no amount of vibration is going to separate the hump from the back plate. Casual days, and track riding proved to me that it was working.

Want to try it?

I have other motorcycle related ideas. But, one at a time.

will it fit an 05?? if so i want it >>> the first thing i thought when i saw the underside of the hump was damn they didnt put a little door in it anyway humpmod is cool let me know!!!!!

Back