Hump Storage Mod ?

Jace

Registered
Ok i saw a post at one time on doing a mod to add storage in the hump for more space i am not sure if i want to cut the plastic out and saw where someone had replaced the bolt with some type of 1/4 turn thumb screws or something ?
any idea on this post or what bold to use for something like this ?..............Jace

Dont CUT! I dont know the sizes per sey, but remove 1 bolt & take the hump with you down to your local hardware store ( I like Ace or OSH ) and get some stainless steel screws 1/4 turn or other quick release bolts. There is quite a bit of wasted space under that hump, enuff to fit a sweater, bottle of water ...

Look at motorcyclemonkey.com. He has a list of mods he has done to his busa along with detailed instructions on how he did it.

Look at motorcyclemonkey.com.  He has a list of mods he has done to his busa along with detailed instructions on how he did it.
That's the ticket...I followed his instructions. As I recall, I ended up replacing screws and using knurled nuts, so all I do is spin them off and that white peice comes off. Works great.

Motorcycle monkey has it, quarter turn mod with where to get free quarter turns and receiver ends. Did mine cost = $0.00. Thank you. Free sample instructions.

JD

yup, thats the way to go I gots a rainsuit, and tshirt stuck in mine right now.

well motorcyclemonkey place is not working again today ?

does anyone know where to get the bolts or what they are called ?

looked at ace hardware and lowes but did not see what would work ??

lookaround.gif
idea.gif
lookaround.gif

lookaround.gif

Cache, riding time has been severely curtailed by our weather......but good times are a-comin'. Reports have us at perhaps 80 degrees & sunny on Tuesday. Afternoon hooky, anyone?

I tried the mods...but i find that the gap in between the hump & the tail is wider..Don't u think so..?
But thanks anyway 4 the idea..!
rock.gif

took the velcro w\glue on back,cut out size hole you want,velcro it back.been working for 4 yrs.dont look bad either.

I tried the mods...but i find that the gap in between the hump & the tail is wider..Don't u think so..?
But thanks anyway 4 the idea..!
rock.gif
The space that is added is because he suggests flipping the fasteners...

Instead, try buying 4 - 6mm x 20mm bolts and screwing them in from the inside of the hump out (i.e. as suggested above), without flipping the fasteners. This will make the part that protudes about 5mm longer and allow you to wing nut the base plate in place. And, there won't be any additional gap.

Hope this helps, Rip.

Back