Hump & Grab Rail

dmrowe

Registered
First time posting and I am looking for some information on using the hump while retaining the rear grab rail. I have seen several 'Busa's using both but cannot figure out how they did it. The dealer tells me to use the hump I have to remove the rear grab rail, but it is so useful when I pull it up on the my Pit Bull I hate to part with. I have visions of losing my grip and dropping the bike.
Thanks,

You have to cut the hump to do the mod. Try a search here on the site... I think there's a walkthrough with pics.

all_coholic.gif
dang though this meant somethin else and there'd be pics
biggrin.gif

Yea, as others said--do the hump mod. Take your time and it's real easy to do. Less than a 1/2 hour job.

Don't bother it makes the bike look like garbage with the grab rail sticking out from under the hump. I can't figure out why someone would ruin the lines of the busa by doing this.
mad.gif

Besides it only takes about 2 min. to bolt the grab bar on or off when changing, I can't beleive that anyone is that lazy or in that much of a hurry that they can't take 2 min to do it right. If you want to ruin the look of your bike and make it look stupid then by all means do this mod, if not then leave it as is and your bike will look 100% better.
rant.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 14 2006,15:10) ... and welcome to the site! Post some pics of your bike, too!
Thanks guys, I will look further. Tried to search for "Hump & Grab Rail" but will try "Hump" mod & Grab Rail and see what I get. I will post pictures directly, want to get a shot of my bike in my boss's parking spot.
Muchas Gracias.

(coop427 @ Sep. 14 2006,18:28) Don't bother it makes the bike look like garbage with the grab rail sticking out from under the hump. I can't figure out why someone would ruin the lines of the busa by doing this.
mad.gif

Besides it only takes about 2 min. to bolt the grab bar on or off when changing, I can't beleive that anyone is that lazy or in that much of a hurry that they can't take 2 min to do it right. If you want to ruin the look of your bike and make it look stupid then by all means do this mod, if not then leave it as is and your bike will look 100% better.
rant.gif
I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across.

Are you for it or against it?
poke.gif

Have a beverage.
beerchug.gif

Just remove the hump and use the crossmember to pull on. (It's the area where the latch bolts on)

To each his own. If you like it then do it. If you want to have it done and your not sure or confident of doing it on your own, you can send your hump to brendanp. I sent him my hump and he did a outstanding job on it. Also he has made up a template. You wont be dissapointed.

Back