Hump + Grab Rail Mod

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I wanted to be able to put the hump on for rides on the weekends, but didn't want to have to take off the grab rail every time. I've seen pics of both and I thought they were pretty cool, SO!, whipped out the dremel and customized the hump to fit with the grab rail. Took 2 hours, here are the results.

1.Grinding all finished.

Custom_Hump_Floor_L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Installed on the bike:

Custom_Hump_Finished.jpg

3. Detail of the fit:

Custom_Hump_Finished_L.jpg

4. Full pic:

Custom_Hump_Full_Shot.jpg

I've been thinking of doing that mod...But probably want for now...Does look good...
smile.gif

I like the mod, and have considered it as well. But until my lady starts riding more I keeping asking myself do I really need a grap bar?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

yea that looks good. I hardly ever ride with the hump on. That little tip hitting me in the tailbone hurts like hell (probably because I have a big ass). So 99% of the time I just ride with the seat.

But that does look really good. Get some plexus or some honda spray on that busa! it's filthy!

LOL

Mike

Dude, I can't handle a hammer very well, but did this mod in 30 mintes max, unless you cound the time it took me to go to Home Depot, buy the dremmel and charge the battery. What took 2 hours?

I also did the mod to put knurled (spelling) knobs on the base of the hump so that I can quickly access the storage area inside the hump. That one took a little more time and thought.

Took 2 hours, here are the results.
Hey Bren,

I see the "thought process" is as slow as the black/blue Busa.  Now if that doesn't provide proof, then I don't know what else does...
ices_rofl.gif
Shouldn't have to use your 'G' senses (Genii senses which is the same as Spider senses) to figure that one out.
ices_rofl.gif

You know who!

ices_rofl.gif

Yes, looks good, had it done ages ago, well worth it , stops all the hassle...

modsfinrear.JPG

Well, the bike's clean now, Mike hehe.

It took two hours because I wasn't in a rush and I didn't want to make any mistakes.  I'd hate to be looking for a new hump.

BA...BA... The Genii thought process is not slow..it's precise, methodical, and creative, and now with the grab rail on AND the hump, the increased efficiency of the aerodynamics will keep the fastest color faster still...even.
tounge.gif

Oh no, no sapping while zippin' especially with power tools.
But afterwards...
drink.gif

I love the way that turned out, and of course the fastest color as well. I do wonder though, do you really need the grab bar even when riding two up? I mean, aren't the ladies going to be holding on to you for dear life when you twist the throttle?

Nice mod my fellow Genii.....however, what's up with all the damned scratches........you need some wax my brother. If you wanna bring that thing by I can wax it up nice for ya.

Ok, they're not scratches but streaks in the polish, I had finger prints all over the place and did a quick wipe with Protect-All, the camera flash didn't help either.

Back