Hump + grab bar

speed750

Registered
I've seen pics of bikes that are running the hump with the grab bar. Mine doesn't have the clearance to use both, am I mssing something here?

Do a search for the hump/grab bar mod. It involves a little cutting, but there are some clear instructions on here somewhere.

(BiG-T @ Nov. 13 2006,19:44) Here ya go:

Make sure to have a change of underwear before you cut it.
+1..... I crapped myself too. Thought my heart was gonna xplode!!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply.
bowdown.gif

Yep, cut it and call it good. Did mine with a dremel, all of about 6min cutting and sanding with the dremel, 20min of measuring (measure3x cut 1x). Have fun.

(dadofthree @ Nov. 13 2006,22:57) What's the purpose. And by the way the administrator pulled our ratings.
guns.gif
It just lets you leave the bar on all the time when you switch from the seat to the hump and hump to the seat. I'm sure somebody will try to argue that the bar serves some purpose while the hump is on... but that's absurd.

if you jack up your current hump ive got one for sell lol. Take a look at the Auction site, but im sure you will be fine.
firedevil.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Nov. 14 2006,07:10)
(dadofthree @ Nov. 13 2006,22:57) What's the purpose. And by the way the administrator pulled our ratings.  
guns.gif
It just lets you leave the bar on all the time when you switch from the seat to the hump and hump to the seat. I'm sure somebody will try to argue that the bar serves some purpose while the hump is on... but that's absurd.
Sorry - not absurd.
The grab bar does serve a purpose.
It keeps my saddle bags off the exhaust. The straps run under the hump and don't have enough adjustment - so there
mad.gif

Haha.
laugh.gif

DSC00593.JPG

(PaNDeM1C @ Nov. 14 2006,04:10)
guns.gif
What do ya mean? It's a great tow point for skateboarders!

(dadofthree @ Nov. 13 2006,23:57) What's the purpose. And by the way the administrator pulled our ratings.  
guns.gif
the grab bar with the hump for me is great for putting the bike on and off the stands. I like the way it looks too. to each his own.

I thought the grab bar acted as a wing. The faster U went, the more air would be sliced underneath the rail/wing therefore pushing the rear downward and giving U more traction. Was I wrong?
rock.gif

All of the above and with no hassel with upbolting it after removing your rear seat. Just swap and go (no tools required).

If yours is 04' red I'll swap you for one already cut. I bought a Corbin with a backrest and scrapped my handle.

i use mine the same as thismonsterlives and devildog use it for,
putting the bike up on the stands
and i like the looks.

Back