Humanity at it's best.

aussiesuzukirider

Never Forgotten
This is a post from a local site I'm on here in Brisbane, just goes to show what great people there are in this world.

I'm moving soon to North Maclean, so my ride to work will be about 47K instead of 6K. This prompted me to buy a set of Colorado Chaps to wear over my work clothes for some leg protection on the onger ride, and I got them before Christmas.

And today I got an email, reproduced below with a small edit for privacy reasons.

"I'm sorry that I was so unawares of the plight of your city/country. Our news has been engrossed in the slayings in Tucson Arizona.
My thoughts and my prayers go to you, your family, and your neighbors.
I just refunded $100. to your credit card ending in XXXX
When you are able, please contribute this to a family, your church, the Red Cross, whom ever needs it most there in Brisbane.
My heart is with you and your family and your country.
We are really all one, on a tiny earth................."

Well I'm flabbergasted.

So if you think you might like a pair of inexpensive, custom sized, unconventional chaps I must recommend you take a look at Nylon fabric kevlar Motorcycle Chaps: Ballistic nylon chaps

I bought the Cordura ones with Mesh back and they work well.

They aren't a fashion accessory but when you are as short & fat as me nothing makes you look good.

She even replied to my order politely because she figured I had mixed up the thigh measurement and the inseam and wanted to verify (the thigh measurement was bigger!), Lorna is a nice person to deal with.

Kindness and generosity goes a long way. That was a very nice gesture from a small company in Colorado USA. :bowdown:

i've been noticing a fair deal of things like that recently. renewed hope in humanity does quite a bit for one's morale.

thats awesome, im glad to see there are some good people still left out there

This World has some very very crazy people, sick people and cold cold hearted people.
But all to often the few that are all these and more, over shadow soooo many many great things great people do. Sadly the few evil seem to make it in to the headline more often then the ordinary and wonderful folks do.
this Australia thing.... man it's got me all torn up inside as the devastation seems to go on and on. I love it when great folks actually make the headlines but it's sad that such a catastrophic event has to happen in order for them to shine
To all my fine Aussie Friends, I pray for your recovery and most of all, strength in your hearts to go on and make things better after such an event.

Love that story from the Nylon Chaps guy, hope he gets some business out of this.
My hats off to you :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

i was so touched by this story i sent them an e-mail. below is a copy of my e-mail and thier response.
Subject: folks are talkin about yall, and they have good things to say.

i am a member on Hayabusa.org, and there is a thread over there yall might be intrested in.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/144351-humanity-its-best.html

although i can not place an order at this time, i would like to thank yall for running your business in the true spirit of biker brotherhood. i will be telling all of my friends about yall.
thank you again for your kindness.

"Together we are strong"

Russ Reddick
Co-Director - NCOM Region 3
ABATE of Wyoming - P.A.C. MAN
Wyoming Central A.B.A.T.E.-President

their reply

Russ,
Many thanks for sending that.
That guy Darrell in Brisbane, and all the folks there seem pretty special. Here he is in a middle of a flood and takes the time to post a thank you note. I sure didn't expect that. After he spent $35 on shipping, I sent his chaps to Austria by mistake (wrong country highlighted on USPS Click and Ship) and though his chaps had a wonderful around the world tour for a few weeks, Darrell was good natured and didn't want a refund!
I was feeling guilty about the whole thing.
Because our news was completely dominated by the events in Tucson, I hadn't realized when he wrote me a kind review of the chaps that his whole town was flooding with the waters rising!
They talk about the Aussie spirit and I think as an old Yankee, I can relate. "Hang together or together we may hang"
It may be a cool place to take a bike tour.

By the way, I made the first few pairs of my chaps for some Wyoming (Buffalo) cowboy ex-pats who live down here in the banana belt of Colorado. Not quite the woolies they wore as kids driving cows, but more practical for elk hunting and biking I think.

Thanks again, sounds like a lot of nice folks at the hayabusa forum.

Lorna

Lorna VS Reed
Reedesign LLC d.b.a Colorado Chaps
3553 G Road
Palisade CO 81526

970-464-5803 office
970-640-2477 cell
Nylon fabric kevlar Motorcycle Chaps: equestrian chaps, half chaps, hunting chap, hiking

i will also be doing some business with these folks...I like and enjoy good decent people!!! thanks for the smile on my face tonight at work guys!! you made my night:bowdown:

Good stuff red1100cc :thumbsup: I'll pass this on.:beerchug:

thanks.
im a sucker for a feel good story. i'd rather try and spread some love around than the hate and discontent the my local media reports on.
i have bee looking at the pics of yalls flood on the net, looks like it distroyed alot of homes and property. it is good to hear that it has brought yall together, and not torn yall apart. :beerchug:

If I ever find myself in need of some chaps they would be the first ones I would contact. Unselfish acts like that earn my business.

i've been noticing a fair deal of things like that recently. renewed hope in humanity does quite a bit for one's morale.

yes it does. one kind gesture goes a long way, affecting more than just the one the gesture was intended for.

Back