Huggers - all types of things

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So I am curious about huggers. Who has them installed? got pics?
rock.gif

I see them all over ebay and sites... there's lots of sellers but how many makes are there really
rock.gif
Who's got the best deal on one? Can you install one on a bike that has the rear lowered to the middle dog bone (~ 1.5" down) but not slammed? Anyone got a pic of that configuration?

Lots of questions and stuff but I appreciate the info
cool.gif
If we can get this thread full of some good info, we'll move it to the appearance mod section with a sticky for future reference

rock.gif

Waiting for my NWS to come in from StreetnTrack...From what I hear it is a great hugger. Cant post pics, because I dont have any. I think NWS is one of the only huggers that actually offer real protection.

This is mine . Got it off ebay for 20 bucks . It does cover the chain

I dont have pics of it on the bike .

Color match is great for 20 bucks.
Fitment is OKAY

6a_1.jpg

This is the one I had on my busa Roca hugger. I had to remove it when I lowered mines to the middle hole position.

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139599256 -->

post_3_16879_hug2.JPG

And what undertail did you have when it rubbed?  I have same one.  Here's what clearance looks like, I am not lowered, but am thinking about it.

post-6-10407-hug1.jpg

And if you do the group by this is what you'll look like. I have the Mototeck Undertail (previous edition with different signals) and the "Roca" hugger.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139600522 -->

And what undertail did you have when it rubbed? I have same one. Here's what clearance looks like, I am not lowered, but am thinking about it.

post-6-10407-hug1.jpg

And if you do the group by this is what you'll look like. I have the Mototeck Undertail (previous edition with different signals) and the "Roca" hugger.
This is the undertail my bike has

undertail.jpg

guess I'll need to set up my suspension according to dr Jinks and measure the clearance with my butt on it. I dont want to have it rub or worse yet, break off if I hit a big pot hole
wow.gif

keep it coming though with the pics and info guys & gals... if we can get enough to these types of threads done, we can have a nice little reference library
cool.gif

Good topic Zuk- I have a Top Gun w/ bike in the middle hole.
Would like to mount a hugger too..........had one on the last bike and it was nice from dirt standpoint.

I am also waiting for my NWS carbon fiber hugger. Ordered from StreetnTrack back in early Dec. They are made in the UK I believe....anyway here is a pic. Note the extension in the front . I like this because it offers a little more protection than others I've seen. Have also heard of a hugger by or called Pyramid?

gsxr1300_busa_hugger.jpg

This is mine . Got it off ebay for 20 bucks . It does cover the chain

Fitment is OKAY
Hionbusa, does the hugger fit over the front portion of the swingarm (it doesn't appear to wrap around the forward part of the tire)? Did you have to drill holes in the swingarm or anything else drastic?

Thanks,
-PR

This is mine . Got it off ebay for 20 bucks  . It does cover the chain

Fitment is OKAY
Hionbusa, does the hugger fit over the front portion of the swingarm (it doesn't appear to wrap around the forward part of the tire)? Did you have to drill holes in the swingarm or anything else drastic?

Thanks,
   -PR
That one looks a lot like the NYC one that Thunder is talking about.

The one I have and I think the NWS (I think) require no drilling. Mine replaces the chain guard and uses those holes to mount. The other side wraps around the upper brace of the swing arm.

BBB is correct, the ExtremeGraphics, which is who also makes the TopGun undertail, attaches using the chaingaurd bolts and slips over the swingarm braces on the opposite side.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Back