Hugger advice...

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Now that I have my Mototech undertail installed, I am looking at getting a hugger. I want a nice hugger that is easy to install. Please point me in the right direction.

I found this one on ebay for $70. Any opinions???

Thanks,
D-

Picture_148.jpg

Look good D. Any drilling? That would be my main concern.

Cuffee I have the same one....I don't really like it, it's real thin fiberglas and I actually cracked it.
You can get around drilling though, I slottod the hugger and used the screw holes with black tie wraps to secure it,
in your case red would work, on the chain side ya reuse the guard screws... There is another hugger out there with the chain guard that is straight...I'd check that one out first...

<!--EDIT|UUBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141654115 -->

Good thing I saw this thread because I was all set to buy this to match......what else?  The Mototech undertail I am planning to get.

Maybe a GB from the same vendor who hosted the GB for mototeck???  
blush.gif

BTW, found another ebay seller for a hugger: ABS plastic (not fiberglass), holes are not pre-drilled though. Ebay item #4618021202

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141709906 -->

hugger.JPG

I was also in the undertail groupbuy. Mine is red. I'm thinking going carbonfiber for the hugger. Should hide dirt easier than a red hugger.

I was also in the undertail groupbuy. Mine is red. I'm thinking going carbonfiber for the hugger. Should hide dirt easier than a red hugger.
I am in the same boat. I have the undertail on and now want a hugger...Just can't seem to find a good hugger that is easy to install.

The NWS hugger is made over seas so it will take forever to get here....

I will let you know what I find out!

D-

Just spoke with the folk who sales the hugger below. YOU WILL HAVE TO DRILL A WHOLE IN THE SWINGARM. So I think I will pass on that one.

Picture_148.jpg

Let me know it you find a good one. And be happy you got your undertail. I havn't even got a tracking# yet.

shouldnt hurt to drill a hole into the swingarm should it??? i have a carbon fiber one that will require drilling.....

the one i have uses the pre existing holes for the chain guard i was just curious of the ones you have to drill into the swingarm in front of the rear wheel?
rock.gif
any ideas?

ALLCARBONFIBER on ebay, i would post a link but i have no idea how to yet...?

NWS looks like a very good choice also (CF, no drilling required)

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142681760 -->

Carbon.JPG

then I came upon a unit by Extreme Graphics Moto Design (fiberglass, no drilling required) that was put up for sale by BusaSamurai for an awesome price (could not pass it up)!

Gonna have it repainted to match my bike (pearl deep blue)

extreme_hugger.jpe

I ordered a hugger from Extreme Graphics Moto Design last week. It should be here this week
smile.gif

Hey guys I have a carbon fiber hugger, It does require drilling, but that shoulded be a problem. I'm looking for $115 shipped. Looks like the one cuffee on ebay but its C/F pm me if intrested

Back