huge thanks to darciedog1

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
when i got home from the Rustic Roads ride in Wisconsin last week, i immediately lubed my chain while it was still hot like i always do...then, i grabbed my Ventura bag and took it off the rack to take it into the house...imagine my surprise and dismay when i realized that the rack had broken under the seat on one side and was only held on by the Frankenstein bolt...it ended up resting on my tail plastics and rubbed a bit but thank goodness it and the bag with my gear were still behind me when i pulled into the driveway!

i remembered darciedog1 mentioning that he had a Ventura system that he wasn't using so i gave him a call to see if he would be interested in parting with it and what he would charge me for the parts i needed in order to be back on the road this week...he wouldn't take anything for the parts, actually got them in the mail that afternoon, and i had them the next day...the great members around here like him and so many more just blow me away!!

i definitely owe you a burger, a shrimp, and a beverage of your choice my friend! :bowdown: mmmm, Fast Eddie's, here we come! :thumbsup:

as far as the rack, it apparently had been almost completely broken for quite some time although it didn't show any damage to a casual inspection...only the very small bright section right in the corner was holding it all together as you can see the corrosion on the rest of the tab where it came apart...i'm very glad they had the idea of giving it another contact point just in case something like this happened!

IMG_7646 (Large).jpg

IMG_7652 (Large).jpg

IMG_7647 (Large).jpg

Darciedog1 to the rescue! Goodlookin out!
Proud to be part of this site/family!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Yea i dont know what shipping will run ya to colorado but if ya want i can weld it up so you'll have a spare

that would be awesome, thanks very much! pm your address to me and i'll ship it out to you next week when i get back home :beerchug:

dude you need a pedi mani bad!!!!!!

and guess what, i'll still need one next time you see me since i'm too busy for that...guess i would have time to get one if i lived in the land of eternal winter where i couldn't ride for nine months out of the year like some of my friends :thumbsup:

it's nice being part of something so great. if it's mild steel I have a mig welder we can fix it. if it's aluminum I know a couple of guys with Tigs that can fix it.

thank goodness semi...and i cant weld my way out of a paper bag...uhhh....ummm..yea...ok but anyway way to go org members!!!

Semi, suggest you pm kv4hotdog (Kevin); I'll be het could weld that back together for you eazy-peezy....

thanks for posting up Semi.kudos to darciedog1. i'll definately check mine since i have it on 24/7 in every kind of weather.

Back