Huge meteorite over Alberta!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered

Can you imagine seeing that? I would have crapped my pants!

Maybe it was that missing tool box?:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That is wild! And Fort McMurry, hey I've been there. Nothing but forest and wilderness up there.

man that looked like it nearly made it to the ground! huge fireball cool:thumbsup:

yeah, were fooked..

I was going to say something the other day on the board but never got around to it.

When I was riding the Busa to work the other morning, it was dark and I saw this good size meteor in front of me. It was nothing like the one in the video, but I personally never saw anything in person like it.

It was large enough and close enough where I saw it break into millions of pieces and I saw each fragment heat up and vaporize in the atmosphere. I was kind of freaked out and it awe at the same time. It was awesome to look at.

but at the same time I thought " what the he11!! what if that came down on top of me!!"

And then I got really thankful that our atmospehere burns up most of that stuff before it hits the ground..

Doah...

Out here in the country you see them ever so often. They don't have to be very big to make a lot of light. Havn't heard if they found anything yet, but it may not have been big enough to get to the ground even. Makes me wonder what one a couple of miles across would look like coming in.

A bunch of years ago, we watched a Russian rocket booster burn up over AZ.. chunks landed in NM.. brought the race track to a halt... way cool stuff to watch..

I saw a meteroite light up the night sky like it was day back in 1975 in Hurst Texas ---it landed in Lubbock Texas a few hundred miles away;the meteorite was about the size of a basketball.

Had a pilot tell us last night he saw something big and bright going toward the bay and he didn't think it was a meteor. With out saying it he was saying he was looking at a ufo. There was nothing on radar. Hmmm.

italy-ufo-2.jpg

Tunguska River in Russia was struck in 1908, it exploded in the air as it broke apart and they say that the meteor was supposed to be something like 30 meters across

It was 1000 times more powerful then Hiroshima and wiped out 830 square miles knocking down over 80 million trees::11

Back