Huge loss of Power and stuttering at low rpms

Zrultima

Registered
I have had my bike now for the last 8 years and just recently my 2006 hayabusa with 45k miles started sputtering at low rpms so I decided to give it a tune up I bought some Iridium NGK and gapped them to .28 I went to but the bike back to normal and bike still had the same issue sputtering at low rpms and now I have a huge loss of power. I checked for vacuum leaks I didnt see any bike starts fine but when cranked the first few times after plug change there was and still is a huge backfire sounds like a gunshot. Please help this is my main form of transportation and dont want to take it to the dealer for this

Where can I get some water absorber fuel pressure is good how can I go and check valve timing I have had issues with water in fuel before but i had drain the tank.

No check engine lights or no nothing but I looked around the forum and heard crankshaft sensor would produce the same issue. The thing is it revs fine on idle but In gear it does backfire I'll try and swap out the fuel pump

Are you 100% sure you have the firing order correct?
Check the coil connector plugs are fitted to the correct coils, that backfire you had that sounded like a gunshot made me wonder if the firing order is to blame, just a thought.

This^^^. Been there done that. Also you are not supposed to gap iridium plugs. It will damage the tips.

So I took off the ignition coils plugs for cylinder 1 and 2 and the idle does not change so it looks like im not getting spakr to those 2 cylinders this is so odd that it would come out of nowhere

New coils then.:) I had the coils go bad in my old Honda (after 35 years or so) and replaced them with a set of Dyna coils. Way better igniters than OEM. Thankfully the 12 year coils in my Busa are still hot!:D Good luck!

But 2 coils going out at the same time and causing this issue out of nowhere??

What would cause coils to go bad? Could something be bad ahead of the coils? When anything electric does go bad it’s like flipping a light switch, instant. I was driving a car when the main ECU died and everything just turned OFF. The coil problem I had on my Honda was intermittent at first but finally, a few cylinders just wouldn’t fire at all.

Back