Hub Bearing Spacer

Datdude

Registered
I'm replacing my front and rear bearings, which seems like a straight forward job. For the front wheel, I put the left one in first and seated it to the lip, then I put the hub bearing spacer in and put the other bearing in.
I don't know if I did it wrong because the bearing spacer was tight against the bearings, but I could have sworn when I took the wheel off I could slightly move the spacer.
So, am I crazy? Is the spacer supposed to be tight against the bearings or should it be loose?

I'm replacing my front and rear bearings, which seems like a straight forward job. For the front wheel, I put the left one in first and seated it to the lip, then I put the hub bearing spacer in and put the other bearing in.
I don't know if I did it wrong because the bearing spacer was tight against the bearings, but I could have sworn when I took the wheel off I could slightly move the spacer.
So, am I crazy? Is the spacer supposed to be tight against the bearings or should it be loose?

The spacer stays tight against the bearings.The outer side of the bearing spins with the wheel. You are good to go.
Rubb.

Thank you. I was concerned that I may have put too much pressure on the side of the bearings.
Nah,the bearing can only seat so far. Did u remove shiddy factory grease?
Did you get sealed both sides bearings?
Did you buy from a bearing house as opposed to Zook over priced one's.
If u have time always hit us up before a project,if you can,have the time and feel like it. We know our shi7. I'm just a low level grease monkey wanna be.
Some of these guys have mad skillz. Mad bikes too. I think I'm sportin' something way cool...Gen II with turbo and 550 HP. No,I'm just a light weight. :laugh:

Back