HPC Scammed and lied to me, BEWARE

8secBusa

Registered
To all, please use caution if you have HPC in Frederick MD perform any work for you. I had a very poor experience. Here is the short and worst issue: My Busa went in for a complete rebuild and upgrade to 1441. Although I had many issues that speak to the technical abilities of the shop, below is the most expensive issue they “stuck me withâ€￾. I believe the issue speaks to the integrity of the builder, Greg Williams (GPW screen name here) and the shop itself.

The shop disassembled/reassembled my motor, claimed to use the clay method to check PTV, provided numbers, ran the bike on the dyno, bent the valves, blamed it on an improperly assembled head by Kevin at KWS. I was charged a total of $860 to replace the bent valves and upgrade to the necessary parts. 2 months later can clean and admitted that it was a result of his bad measurement. The shop owner refused to do anything but get nasty with me.
:(
Please use judgment when dealing with this company. Integrity shows when you stand behind your success and failures...When you decided not to.. What does that say about you as a business????

intresting...this is best to speak with gpw... and then speak to captain about the issues ...then see how he would wish to post a thread about this issue...i have no problem informing other members of potential problems...just think its best to use chain of command to get resolve and direction before a "flame" thread.

Well... This is an open forum, many members here are famliar with HPC and have had good experiences with them.. Hopefully your bussiness issues will get sorted out in a fair manner..

Every story has 3 sides, your side, there side & what really happened...

will gladly post in the correct place, if I have in the wrong place. I just wanted to make sure no one else loses $$$ on an untrained, inexperenced scam artist. I may be the first to post, but certainly not the last.

Last edited:
I have never dealt with HPC, but I can tell you this he was logged in and seen this thread and he did not respond,

True or not, if my name is being slung I would respond in seconds......

I cant tell you, its being dissassembled now. I didn't trust anything he did. I will say this, even the master link had been installed backwards......

Wasn't there a real long thread with pictures on that project, sort of a day by day dealio...??

I can't find it..

How is the motor running for you now? What made him change his mind and admit to it being his fault for the bent valves? ???

I cant tell you, its being dissassembled now. I didn't trust anything he did. I will say this, even the master link had been installed backwards......

Good luck with getting that motor sorted out. Looked like you spent some coin on it if I remember....

Hmm.. these guys have a pretty good rep around here, while I'm sorry you had such an expensive and bad experience, it isn't the norm from what I read. Good luck getting everything sorted out, and maybe work with them before you slam them openly..

Greg removed the pictures when he began having technical issues. Here is the quick explaination, claimed I had .070/.,074 clearance, ran the bike, bent the valves, then to cover his tracks, after sticking me, re-assembled with a thicker head gasket, to try and buy himself the correct clearance. I am not a machinist, but can add and read a dial indicator... When challenged on it, he admitted to it. Dude, things happen, man-up to them and people will respect you.. Try and cover it up and it will bite you.

Hello everyone, sorry for the huge delay in responding to this, we as a company of have to speak with advisors before we handle matters like this in a public forum. But since we are here let's clear up some highly liable, false and defaming information.

We want to address some accounts made by Mr. Guido.

You stated HPC was responsible for bending valve(s) in your motor. We know first hand that you have (15) stock titanium valves from your original head in your possession which are all damage FREE, free of any kind of defect. They were inspected. We have video of you leaving the shop with them.

You should have (16) valves but you only have (15), please count them. You have (15) because as HPC stated to you (1) valve dropped on the dyno, HPC’s theory/ evidence showed it spit the keeper on the dyno.

NOT (16) valves just one. You were advised that stainless valves were more reliable/durable and 65lb. springs were also a recommended upgrade. No other damage occurred to your head not even to the valve guide. The valve just dropped, just one. Again no other damage to the other valves or to the head or pistons.

HPC's conclusion was the valve MAY have been installed improperly especially since there were no other issues with the head and any of the other valves. HPC never pointed the finger at anyone but indicated the valves were not installed by them, they just fixed it.

YOU agreed to upgrade all other valves to a set of Ferra stainless valves, you also agreed to upgrade to APE springs and retainers. You could have just had the one valve fixed. You still have the stainless valves and retainers in your head now which are functioning properly without valve float which occurred with the other valves and springs as indicated due to the large cams.

You also have (15) valves in your possession, which you stated you were going to sell on ebay just like your damaged crank you sold.

So our confusion is what does HPC actually owe you (1) Titanium valve which dropped and bent. Using swift action HPC prevented any other damage when the valve dropped. No other damage occurred to any other portion of your motor. NONE

HPC also paid for measurements, milling and fly cutting of your pistons in an attempt to make your motor stronger. HPC also did not charge you for the tear down and retune or the oil services done as a result. HPC extended this to you based on the extended time table that kept you from riding in the snow.

But clear evidence shows that your recess pockets on the intake side of your head were pre-cut for your off the shelf kit too deep thereby dropping compression numbers and power. The math is listed in a thread title ENGINE BUILDERS: Stumped, in the Gen II section of the forum.

Greg Williams torn down and diagnosed your original motor damage, repaired and rebuilt it. He has also built 32 other motors, mostly ZX-14's. You even stated yourself that the oil is free of anything that would have shown a problem after three sessions on the dyno at HPC and one session on the dyno at your buddy’s shop where the bike had several FI failures.

HPC without charge, attemped to guide your MMI certified mechanic on how to trouble shoot your problems since it was very clear you and he were lost, all while on another shops dyno testing HPC's work. According to you, your Bazzaz failed and tripped several FI codes. HPC took the bike back and fixed it for FREE............

In any court room Greg can rebuild a Hayabusa motor within an hour which is at the same speed many of the other guys who did not go to MMI perform and faster than many current MMI graduates. He fired three graduates for slow...................performance and for no trouble shooting abilities.

HPC worked with one great MMI gradute but unfortunately family matters took him out of state.

So at the end of the day we have a lot of false information out there provided by Mr. Guido. There are three sides to every story.

Last edited:
Im sure this situation can be sorted out as gentlemens and not like kids who just starts pointing fingers. GL fellas hope it will be cleared up and understood fairly.

Just for the record...I've dealt with Greg and he has always been straight-up with me. While I can't know the in's and out's of every situation, he has always been honest in his dealings with me. Anytime I ever called or e-mailed Greg...he was there.

Semper Fidelis,
John G

Last edited:
Just for the record...I've dealt with Greg and he has always been straight-up with me. While I can't know the in's and out's of every situation, he has always been honest in his dealings with me. Anytime I ever called or e-mailed Greg...he was there.

Semper Fidelis,
John G

+1000

I've been dealing with them for almost 2 years now and NEVER had any issues with them. They've been honest with me since day one.

With these many miles on her and still runs like new, it will be hard for me to lose faith in them.
4289517929_929b9037b1.jpg

Back