HP estimate

Busa Rookie

Banned
i have an 00' with a tune (a tad on the lean side 47mpg)
with a custom left single sided exhaust with yoshi rs3 slipon i built
NGK plugs/ KNN air filter.

any HP estimates?

It could be as high as 160 :laugh: Really depends on that mystery exhaust. You can get it dynoed for $25 just to check RWHP

Somewhere between 145 to 165hp depending on dyno, SAE or STD numbers and..................................... too broad of a guess? :laugh:

i have an 00' with a tune (a tad on the lean side 47mpg)
with a custom left single sided exhaust with yoshi rs3 slipon i built
NGK plugs/ KNN air filter.

any HP estimates?
Not sure why you'd want us to guess your hp? Thats not going to accomplish anything, if you want to tell your buds a hp number, like DOD said get it on a dyno, otherwise you're just whizzing in the wind.

I say ride and enjoy it, and quit wasting time on made up dyno numbers unless you get it on a REAL dyno :thumbsup:
And remember dyno's vary greatly, so comparing dyno numbers on the net is a complete waste of time :banghead:
Dyno's are meant as a tuning tool.....

Not sure why you'd want us to guess your hp? Thats not going to accomplish anything, if you want to tell your buds a hp number, like DOD said get it on a dyno, otherwise you're just whizzing in the wind.

I say ride and enjoy it, and quit wasting time on made up dyno numbers unless you get it on a REAL dyno :thumbsup:
And remember dyno's vary greatly, so comparing dyno numbers on the net is a complete waste of time :banghead:
Dyno's are meant as a tuning tool.....

hey thanks for the comment, glad dynos are used as a tool. not like i don't know that as i didnt build the motor in my car or the one before
both obd II. one with 600 other with 900hp that i tuned myself.
sorry to waste time trying to gain an education on something.
come to my forums so i can waste your time too!

hey thanks for the comment, glad dynos are used as a tool. not like i don't know that as i didnt build the motor in my car or the one before
both obd II. one with 600 other with 900hp that i tuned myself.
sorry to waste time trying to gain an education on something.
come to my forums so i can waste your time too!

Easy there :laugh: He actually gave you a lot of good information, and I don't think he was trying to insult you, but simply answer your question.

Easy there :laugh: He actually gave you a lot of good information, and I don't think he was trying to insult you, but simply answer your question.
Yep just trying to help Dad, just like you were :laugh: Us helpers sometimes get the goods....gotta watch how you help around here :banghead: :laugh:

Sorry Rookie wasn't trying to insult you, just backing up what DO3 said, prolly could have worded it better I suppose tho :banghead:
A stock engined 1st gen busa with a pipe can vary from mid 140's to a little over 170rwhp depending on dyno's, bike, and a million other factors. THATS why I was saying a guess won't be very accurate....not knocking you or your experience at all.....just relaying the facts. Trying to help educate you some on the busa like you said you wanted. In a rather poor fashion obviously tho :banghead:

140's to 170's seems like going backwards... I mean. wow. People are pulling numbers that low? what are they doing, running them lean and putting crap slip on exhaust on them with just the one side plugged off or what?

When i bought my '03 new i ran it 500 miles and then took it in for an exhaust system,etc.Did a base line pull and got 150 hp,then with the HMF full system and a tune got 161 hp(Dynojet 250i).Both of these numbers seem to be about average for a Gen I Busa.:thumbsup:

I had an 02 , rs3 full pipe, pc3,

I had an 02 with rs3 full pipe, pc3, K&N air filter, dyno tuned made 158hp 98.8tq

Back