hows this for random topics

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
I just got back from Vital statistics department getting a birth certificate that you need to get passport, The only Birth Certificate I've ever had is the one with my footprints on it from the hospital, first name RICKY, when I got the Vital Statistics one, My dad had signed of on it as RICKEY, cost $23 bucks to get this one, got to spend another $23 to get copy of original hospital one from Austin Tx. and If Its Rickey I'll have to spend I don't know how much to get a name change to Ricky which is what everything is under SSN,Credit cards, Pick-up lean, Jeep Title, Hayabusa Title , this could turn into a pain in the A$$

wow.gif
Dayuum.....

Well, you could be named OTTO, then no matter which way you spelled it, it would be correct  
laugh.gif

Might want to buy dear ol' dad a card asking him why he didn't tell you different when you were writing your name in school. Send the bill along with the card. Sign the card as "Ricky No-E".

tounge.gif

You know.. properly handled.. you know you could take advantage of this situation and start a new life right?

uhhh just a thought
biggrin.gif

Having just had this issue with Customs, the one from the hospital is not official. I did not know that leaving the country. I was traveling on short notice and did not have time to get a passport. Anyway, long story short, I got out of the US OK on the Hospital certificate, but I did not have proper proof of citizenship to return. It was an interesting experience.

Interesting that your parents never cleared up the difference.

just got back from Vital Statistics gonna cost $37 to get My name changed it was RICKEY in Austin. And that includes new Birth Certificate. so not too bad, but like Dennis said Might have been a problem if not fixed. But if You have no older siblings or both Parents it could be a pain, what it states word for word on correction form is
This Section must be Signed by the Attending Physician, parents, an older sister or brother.
If the child is a minor, both parents must sign affidavit. and older must be 5 yrs older is what they told me

Back