How's she as a tourer?

What he said...

Now THIS is a sport touring bike. Haul all you want comfortably and haul ass all day long!!
biggrin.gif

Concours_1400.jpg

(Devious @ Sep. 27 2006,11:35) You and the Wife need a Goldwing...
Get the 1800, lots of room, comfort, gadgets and still a surprising amount of power...

David
I agree. For me (I'm an old guy), two hours on the Busa becomes really uncomfortable. It's the riding position. You can't sit upright and relax. She's really built for speed, and the position you have to assume becomes uncomfortable after time. There are better choices for touring. Two different types of bikes entirely. Just my .02.

I wonder if they are going to tune the GTR1400 a little different to give it some down low torque. I the ZX1400 is weak in the low rpms compared to the Busa.

for me 200 lbs and a couple of riders that go with me normally, 140 or less it is no problem the passenger can sit up while cruizing, and just relax you are still going to be in more of a sport position (although very manageable) for your size there are more comfortable rides for you singled up the busa will stilll let you know she is there You STILL BETTER BE HANGIN ON WHEN YOU FIRST TWIST THAT THROTTLE

When I grow UP(35 now) if that ever happens!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted a monsterous big ole Gold Wing, to me that is the Supreme touring Bike IMHO

Sumo,

I tour throughout the eastern seaboard all the time from Toronto, to Tampa, and it is the best all round bike for my money.
If you can only have one bike this is it. Sure a gold wing is more compfy, but doesn't even become practical when going on shorter runs or city driving. The closest I've found for a "best of both worlds bike"before this,is a Honda VFR. Which is waaay to small for you and the misses.
As someone who is 5'11" and was 315lbs (now a svelt 230lbs)lol) It will support the weight and still give you loads of thrust even 2 up. Just definatley consider swaping the stock break pads and lines to HH sintered pads and Hel braided lines. The two up stopping is not great.

good luck,
Jay

SUMO, I have just been reading though the post. I'm 6'-200#, g/f is about 5'3" 125. We ride alot together. I also have some back issues. We can ride 300mi with no problems, we also have tunes and comm. units which makes long rides very enjoyable. To ride more than that we would have to stop at 100-120 mi. breaks, good time to gas up anyway. She has mentioned she would like it if the pass. pegs were about 1" lower and a little more forward. Some of this seems to also be her leathers binding behind her knees on hot days. I've done a bunch of 1k days and felt pretty good. Just went down to Tenn. From Maine. Rode around and back 3010mi./7day. But on the other hand I believe SportRider Mag. did an article on riding two-up by a Female Pro rider. She rated the FJR1300 the best for comfort, distance and twisties for the passenger. Good luck and hope you find something good.

Back