Hows everyone change tires without a center stand?

The Big Red One

Registered
Whats some of your tricks for changing tires on the Busa without a center stand? I've never had a bike with full plastic without a center stand...would like to be able to change my tires without pulling/breaking plastic or dropping it..
wow.gif

tounge.gif
It amazes me the wealth of info we have on here, thanks everyone  
biggrin.gif

My Recommendation, FOR REAL SECURE lifting and storage of your Busa? Not Cheap but neither was your bike...

PitBull Rear Race Stand. Spool type, not that BS Rubber Pad type, Hoist your rear up with that and never look back, then GEt the Pitbull "New Front" stand and the #6 pin. From what I have heard it's a little fidgity the first couple of times but really provides a stable lift.

There are Cheaper race stand out there, but after using the pitbull stands and watching and listening to some folks talk about their issues with other race stands I think PitBull is the way to go. My .02 Anyway

Race Stands. I use Suzuki Stands and have had a good experience with them. It takes a little getting used to on the front but, it seems to be the same with all of them.

Pitbull stand front and rear. I have both. Rear is a must have. New front wont work if your bike is lowered unless you remove the front fender first. If your bike is lowered in the rear it can be difficult even with the stand to get the rear tire out of there. Hope that helps ya.

<!--EDIT|hooken203
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092333880 -->

Ghetto style...

2 tie downs on the front bars to a handle I attached to the ceiing in my garage.

2 jack stands on the rear swing arm for most stuff. To get the wheels (and the exhaust) out from under the bike, I lift it up and have a helper (read; my wife) pull the component out.

handy stands.. cuz buying pit bull stands are a waste IMO.

pitbulls..$250+
handy's $100

What EGO said, Handy stands all the way! My bike sat on them for 3 month,s this past winter while I polishid my wheels, with noooo problem,s.
wink.gif

By the way, Rev, not to jack another thread, but as you can see in this pic there should be plenty of room to get the forks down and out usin' the Pit Bull front.
wink.gif

Back