Howlin' is too short

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Howlin' I keep hearing that they're calling up more troops to get ready to go to Iraq. Are you too short (close to retirement) to go? I don't want to have to worry about you if you have to go over there.

sad.gif
Ditto!

Howlin,

Will probably re-up just so he can go to war...Uh Rah....

Hey Guys, I talked to Marc yesterday and he is in transition (moving/packing) and doesn't have his computer right now. But he did tell me that it is a possibility he could get deployed.
sad.gif
Eventhough he is close to retirement, it doesn't matter if THEY tell him to go. (dammit) it sucks!

Let's all just hope and pray it doesn't happen to him.... I don't think he wants to go, but if duty calls he will do his job and he is very proud to say he will do it well........

unclesam.gif

Yes lets hope to god that Marc and any other do not have to get called.

Nice thoughts.....but that's what we do.....we go so you don't have to. We picked it after all.

Nice thoughts.....but that's what we do.....we go so you don't have to.  We picked it after all.
You're right about that Higg. I re-upped early in '02 for 2 years of Reserve duty. One fourth of my unit has already been deployed to Afghanistan. Not sure about my position though.

My prayers are not only with Marc, but with all those who have deployed, getting ready to deploy, or who have served and lost their lives.

Brian

Nice thoughts.....but that's what we do.....we go so you don't have to.  We picked it after all.
You're right about that Higg.  I re-upped early in '02 for 2 years of Reserve duty.  One fourth of my unit has already been deployed to Afghanistan.  Not sure about my position though.

My prayers are not only with Marc, but with all those who have deployed, getting ready to deploy, or who have served and lost their lives.

Brian
Been there done that...Good luck to you all and God bless...
unclesam.gif

I hope nobody gets the wrong idea about this thread. I know if Howlin' gets called he has to go, he's a Marine and that's what they do. I have the highest respect for all you guys in the service. At the same time I can't say I would want him to go, and if he does my prayers are with him for a safe return. Maybe that clarifies things a little.

I live here in the DC area and work in DC. My contacts here who work for "various" agencies are gearing up like it is going to happen tomorrow. Sad to say, but look for us to wipe out Saddam within a month or two; just my guess.
sad.gif

I live here in the DC area and work in DC.  My contacts here who work for "various" agencies are gearing up like it is going to happen tomorrow.  Sad to say, but look for us to wipe out Saddam within a month or two; just my guess.  
sad.gif
Yeah, but the only thing are the repurcussions (is that spelled right...not sure...but anyway, ya'll get the point).

Brian

Back