Howdy Y'all

I honestly wanted to just kill it at the track. No solid objects to collide with, other than rubber and the track.

Unfortunately, my insurance company would not remove the motorsport exclusion clause... so if I were disabled or died on the track, I'd have zero cover. I even asked for adjusted premiums. So I'd rather qualify for insurance while on the road, than risk an uncovered incident on the track.

Appreciate the concern, @DougE & @Bumblebee.

When I say lane splitting, I don't mean in standstill traffic, I mean on the highway, two cars/trucks next to each other (parallel or otherwise slightly offset), moving at 80 m/h +, and then I gap between em.

I've seen more experienced riders do this at 150 m/h or more, in much tighter gaps.

I agree, if one of the drivers does something stupid/unexpected, there's not much one can do. I suppose this is the risk one takes doing this. I am fully kitted, with an airbag too.

You've probably seen Ghostrider's videos, I meant like that, but like minus 80 m/h from his speed, and ignoring some of the extremely tight gaps, that's kind of what I'm doing.
You mean the roll racing videos where the loons rocket around slower traffic on the left and right?

In my opinion this is just a crash waiting to happen-all the personal protection in the world won't save you when a car or truck runs you over.

You mean the roll racing videos where the loons rocket around slower traffic on the left and right?

In my opinion this is just a crash waiting to happen-all the personal protection in the world won't save you when a car or truck runs you over.
I mean this guy:

That is pure skill, and obviously some luck, because if a driver did something stupid, he'd be mincemeat.

But I don't classify him as a loon, he's hella cool... the only bad/stupid thing about this, that I find disagreeable, is potential non-consenting, third party casualties.

Last edited:
I mean this guy:

That is pure skill, and obviously some luck, because if a driver did something stupid, he'd be mincemeat.

But I don't classify him as a loon, he's hella cool.
Guys like that live on borrowed time..and are hated by every car driver out there.

You are a full-grown adult and have to live as you see fit obviously.

I'm glad I've already gotten all that out of my system.

I mean this guy:

But I don't classify him as a loon, he's hella cool... the only bad/stupid thing about this, that I find disagreeable, is potential non-consenting, third party casualties.

Pure skill? Pure stupidity.

I mean this guy:

How old are you?

Pure skill? Pure stupidity.
Yeah, it's only stupid because of the risk to others, and I'm not diminishing the seriousness of that. This is the primary reason why it's illegal.

But he is skilled. Risking one's own life (of one's own volition), is not necessarily stupid, if done thoughtfully, wilfully, and while of sound mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's only stupid because of the risk to others, and I'm not diminishing the seriousness of that. This is the primary reason why it's illegal.

But he is skilled.
I would question his skill as to more luck than skill....all it takes is one of those vehicles to veer slightly and he would be most likely dead...we all know how unpredictable some drivers can be...

If you want some advice from someone who's been riding longer than you've been alive and has some racing background in the Canadian SBK series, I'd tell you to not emulate people in these videos if you want a long riding career.

I would question his skill as to more luck than skill....all it takes is one of those vehicles to veer slightly and he would be most likely dead...we all know how unpredictable some drivers can be...

If you want some advice from someone who's been riding longer than you've been alive and has some racing background in the Canadian SBK series, I'd tell you to not emulate people in these videos if you want a long riding career.
Yeah, I would never do what he's doing, even if I could, I don't have the courage.

Yeah, I would never do what he's doing, even if I could, I don't have the courage.
Good, you'll live longer that way. There's a difference between skill and recklessness.

Work on your skill...find a way to get yourself on a few racing courses, I did the California Superbike School years ago and it was a great course to hone skills and direct ambitions. Lots of posters on here do track days and race on road circuits, they might be able to help you get track insurance.

I also had to do the FAST school here to get my CMA license...it was pretty good, I learned to go fast by being smooth and safe,

So the busa will make it easier to wheelie than an f4i? For someone just starting wheelies? I'm just afraid to dump it. I have the wheel come off the ground, but I let off right away

Sorry, I just saw this.
I wouldn't dump the clutch on either if I'de never wheelied.
If you did, the light little cbr is going to jump straight up, and if you're lucky, you can catch it, and ride it out.
If you dump the clutch on the Busa...it's going to jump straight up too.
If you manage not to loop it, you better hang on(or maybe let go), as you know how fast it's about to accelerate, lol.
Instead, with either bike(yes, I Have done this on F3's too), turn a power wheelie into a balanced wheelie...only do it this way.
With the rpms high up in 1st or 2nd(start with 1st, 2nd easily cruises up to 100-120mph at 10-11o'clock) go as slow as you can too(since you're learning), let off the gas, and when the rpms drop to around 6k...twist it hard.
You'll need to do this by ear, and once the front lifts enough and you are standing, you can't see the gages anyway.
Now the front is coming up fast, and just ease out of the throttle a little as you stand up.
You an the bike meet in the middle, and the throttle finds it's own place, just enough to keep moving forward.
If you are truly balanced, the front end will stay up at a maintained speed.
If you are not balanced, then you still get a power wheelie, one that you must continue to accelerate in order to keep the front wheel up.
There is also no one set balance point, you can ride balanced wheelies with the front at different heights, and your body in various positions close to or away from the bike.
Meaning, you can try wheelies like I said, but instead of shooting for a 10 o'clock wheelie, just pull the tire a couple feet, stand up, and try to find a balance.
The weight of the Busa, along with it's torque, make it less twitchy or violent lifting up, vs screaming a little 600 up.
But, if you can wheelie one, you can wheelie the other.
The difference wheelieing either one, is the same difference in riding either one.
Don't overthink it.
Just find a straight empty road and have at it.

Back