Howdy yall, trans prob in sacramento

98crewcab

Registered
Hi guys, names Matt. Own an 06 LE. stock (except for a T.R.E. and gear change) 2nd gear is heading out. was going to take this project on myself, but way too much on my plate right now. need to get her in the shop and just pay up:( anyone know of a shop local to me, sacramento,ca, that I could ride her there, get the trans pulled, gears undercut, valves adjusted, (14k on her) then pick her up and ride her home? Thought a busa guy would know where to take a busa:) saving dealership for LAST resort. really appreciate any feedback from you guys:)

i've been there done that....on my GSXR 750, to save some $, i took the motor out and brought it to a local shop, i saved about $500 in labor after it was swapped out i put it back in with alittle help from my brother.
with the gear undercut, it blew me away, what a differance it made.
good luck....:thumbsup:

thats good to know.....might be worth it to save 5 bills:) thanks bro. I just might see about squeezing out some time to do that....

and bump for a reputable shop to do busa work in sac?

There are a few west coast members, give it another day or two, somebody will give you a response. In the meantime look on psychobike for a good shop in sactown, I know there's a few out there.
What kind of crewcab?

I can recommend a shop in Petaluma. A bit of a haul, but worth the cost.

Alan at Sportbike Dynamics is your guy. He's top shelf, but it won't be cheap. He's very detail oriented and will do the job right.

Call him @ 707-762-6700 and see if it will work for you, Tell him Dave (880Jedi) sent you.

There are a few west coast members, give it another day or two, somebody will give you a response. In the meantime look on psychobike for a good shop in sactown, I know there's a few out there.
What kind of crewcab?
thanks bro, it was a 98 chevy crewcab dually:)
IMG_2591-1.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

but she was stolen about 6 months ago. so now working on a 67 chevy pickup. vortec 454, 4L80E, layin frame on bags, tilt bed, shaved everything, cut her down from a long bed, is now 3" shorter than a standard shortbox.
View attachment 1553923
View attachment 1553924
View attachment 1553925
View attachment 1553926
slow, but still forward progress....lol

I can recommend a shop in Petaluma. A bit of a haul, but worth the cost.

Alan at Sportbike Dynamics is your guy. He's top shelf, but it won't be cheap. He's very detail oriented and will do the job right.

Call him @ 707-762-6700 and see if it will work for you, Tell him Dave (880Jedi) sent you.

exactly what I was looking for!! thanks bro, will be giving him a call this week to see what we can get done. really appreciate it bro. :smile_face_r:

awesome....any plans for it? or keeping it as a hauler? what motor is in it? miss mine, but maybe another one later.

It's got a big block. For now I will get a mail-in tune, 5/7 static, add some wheels (probably 19's) and put some music in it. Future plans include stock flooring it, bags, 24's and paint. It's my dd for now, it will see some pulling duty to drag strips in the mid-south but nothing more than a 15k trailer. I had a 95 back in 96 and been wanting another one since I got rid of it in 98. I traded a 01 2wd V6 xc chevy work truck for it, the guy who had it wanted something that got better mileage. I been trying to figure out a way to get a CCD for the last few years (we got 4 kids and I got a drag racing habit lol), and this pretty much landed in my lap. I didn't want a red one, but it will do for now!

273.JPG

hell yea, shes a beaut!!!

link to my photobucket if you want some ideas....door panels, ipad in dash, 4 12's in a blowthrough, 7500 watts rms, dual batts, and that 5/7 is more like a 6/8:)
Pictures by 1crewcab - Photobucket

there are a few pics in there, but you can skip through the boring stuff for the crewcab pics

We have similar tastes! Bikes, duallys and Yukons.....
You put in a lot of work on that truck, I will run a pair of 12's behind the seat and some aftermarket highs in the doors, nothing like what you had! My buddy had 3 18" solo-x's in the back of his Tahoe, it was so loud I can't explain it!
Here's our family hauler...

274.JPG

Not too far, I grew up in SoCal, went to college in San Francisco.
Maybe that's why we both got good taste :laugh:

alrighty guys, back to square one....just got off the phone with Alan at Sportbike Dynamics, and he gave me the bad news that he wouldnt be able to do to the busa what I need done. any other ideas fellas? going to give the dealership a shot if nothing new here, just dont have the time or confidence to tear into her myself. tooo many projects around here to start another.....lol

Back