how worried are you

aggienate

Registered
I was just wondering how concerned you guys are about the safety of your bikes. i live in a college town in Texas and I dont have a fully enclosed garage to hold a bike. I have been looking at the different systems to keep a bike safe

roadlok is a good piece, these members will have plenty of suggestions.

Keep full insurance,Lojack,Sri500 alarm and chain it to something.Then dont worry too much
smile.gif

well I dont like to have my bike out of sight when its out of the garage. But if someone or someones really want your bike they will find a way. THe best protection you can have is Full insurance and receipts of everything you have done or bought for your bike.

If it stays ina locked garage w/ no doors/windows(even in the garage door) you should be okay.

To beat through a garage door would make enough noise to wake up the complex.

Also, have one of these on hand like I do:

H_K.jpg

The only 2 places I ever park my bike and take my eyes off of it are at work (security guard only allows employees in plus we have cameras in the parking lot)and at home (shed with 3 locks plus the Kryptonite chain -not cable- on bike).

I never ride to a location where I can't see my bike. If I ride to a restaurant, I always request a window seat and once I'm seated, move my bike as close to that window as possible. Even on that note, I have been riding for 3 years now and have riden to a restaurant twice.

I dont like leaving my bike in my driveway for too long.

She is garage kept. if I do keep her outside somewhere I place a bike cover over her.

And of course I have a disk lock on the front and a cable lock going through the rear rim and frame.

if you place a bike cover over her and tie it down I think it is somewhat of a deterant. people usually dont know what is under the cover and wont often mess with lifting it up to see..

Not as good of a solution as a lojack system or arachnoid (spelled right?)

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 06 2006,21:39) If it stays ina locked garage w/ no doors/windows(even in the garage door) you should be okay.

To beat through a garage door would make enough noise to wake up the complex.

Also, have one of these on hand like I do:
Hmmm over easy are you telling me i should get a BB gun?
biggrin.gif

i dont worry full insurance. if its gone i will get a new one

Full insurance, disc locks, stored in an alarmed garage. Alarm has battery back up and cell phone back up and is monitored. Plus a cable from the wall through the frame of the bike that if severed or disconnected, sounds the alarm. Probably overkill but I feel safe when I leave home.

(aggienate @ Sep. 06 2006,23:51) has anyone ever had someone try to steal their bike
I had a 92 Gixxer 600 that was stolen . It sat outside in an apartment complex .
mad.gif

www.phantomtracking.com I have this unit on my busa. it is not available everywhere and isn't classified as cheap but I know that I will ALWAYS have my Busa! Even if somebody decides to take it, I'll have it back before they stop sweating from loading it and they go to jail. It's a beautiful thing, peace of mind...

(ranman @ Sep. 07 2006,02:55) i dont worry full insurance. if its gone i will get a new one
Yeah, but they won't cover all those wonderful mods you've done to your bike, ranman. You get a stock bike and have to start from scratch.

Back