How worn is this sprocket?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I never realized until today how well hidden the rear sprocket is. If I buy new sprockets, it is $100 more.

Chain.jpg

teamorion22

Registered
try to clean it and take another pic. did u just buy a chain? if so most would recommend getting new sprockets

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
doesnt really look worn to me, but a rear sprocket at MR Cycle is less than 40 dollars, can probably get a front for below 20.

Zoinks!

Registered
If you're replacing the chain you ALWAYS replace the chain and sprockets as a set. Usually the cush drives as well, although it's not quite as important to replace them at the same time as it is the other 2. Chains and sprockets wear together. If you replace one without replacing the other you'll wind up with abnormal wear.

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
If you're replacing the chain you ALWAYS replace the chain and sprockets as a set. Usually the cush drives as well, although it's not quite as important to replace them at the same time as it is the other 2. Chains and sprockets wear together. If you replace one without replacing the other you'll wind up with abnormal wear.
Yeah, I'm getting the idea. It's dumb to buy one without the other. OK, at the risk of sounding stupid, what are cush drives?

k03gsxr750

Registered
I can most likely trim that a bit. If you order from Mr Cycles put "attn Ken and Hayabusa.org" and I will take care of you :beerchug:

Zoinks!

Registered
Yeah, I'm getting the idea. It's dumb to buy one without the other. OK, at the risk of sounding stupid, what are cush drives?
Lol. The only stupid question is the one not asked. The cush drives (aka cush rubbers) are the rubber pieces inside the hub that the sprocket bolts to. Number 17 in the pic.
10155_59.gif

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Lol. The only stupid question is the one not asked. The cush drives (aka cush rubbers) are the rubber pieces inside the hub that the sprocket bolts to. Number 17 in the pic.
10155_59.gif
Many thanks GM. Looking at the diagram, they couldn't cost that much, and you have to expose them to change the sprockets anyway. Am I right about that?

I'm going to let someone else do the work. I would consider the chain, sprockets, and the way the tires are mounted, balanced, and aligned to be critical (at least the way I ride :thumbsup:).

Mr Brown

Registered
Many thanks GM. Looking at the diagram, they couldn't cost that much, and you have to expose them to change the sprockets anyway. Am I right about that?

I'm going to let someone else do the work. I would consider the chain, sprockets, and the way the tires are mounted, balanced, and aligned to be critical (at least the way I ride :thumbsup:).
Tire mounting and balancing I leave to somebody with the equipment to do it. It's simple to put the rubbers, chain n sprocket on tho. You will be charged at least an hour of labor for something that takes maybe 15 minutes and is almost impossible to screw up. Your choice.........Oh and the rubbers are 3-4 bucks each.

sessions

Registered
$100??? you need to search a little more, check jt sprockets... look like you need to clean it more offten, I clean my chian and sprocket once a week or every 500miles, then lube her up!!!! it will last allot longer that way!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TorontoBusa Clutch slipping, me using Synthetic or worn out?? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 7
nectrplnt (pics) changed out my worn grips, what you think? General Bike Related Topics 11
Lazerblade New gear to replace the "worn/crash" gear. Random Thoughts 12
C Worn Pilot Powers Tires 9
audial Possible Warped or Worn Sprockets Busa problems 4
N ques on possible worn chain need help General Bike Related Topics 8
busabrother How do you know the cush drive is worn?? General Bike Related Topics 6
M Nut and bolt size for vortex sprocket General Bike Related Topics 1
Mythos Ti Sprocket Nut--Possible? Busa Mods 6
J Rear Sprocket question Gen II Busa Information 20
c10 Chain / sprocket wow's. Gen II Busa Information 45
B Gen 1 Stock Rear Sprocket Brand Questions Engine and Performance mods 7
HayaWakened Gen II 17t Fr Sprocket changes Odo/Speedo? General Bike Related Topics 2
shade Rear sprocket bolts Gen II Busa Information 8
c10 What to do with a STOCK Gen 2 Sprocket ;) General Bike Related Topics 9
202mphbusa HD output shaft sprocket General Bike Related Topics 2
Skywalker Vortex Rear Sprocket Question General Bike Related Topics 28
B Rear sprocket tooth count. Gen II Busa Information 45
B sprocket dimensions for gen1 to fit dymag carbon wheels Track and Racing mods 6
Vetteman761 Front sprocket diff Busa problems 22
Busa Burt Downsizing rear sprocket Gen II Busa Information 30
Nastee Favorite sprocket combinations & why. General Bike Related Topics 49
6 inch over Front or rear sprocket Busa Mods 6
Busa1166 new rear sprocket General Bike Related Topics 17
T What's everyone using lift-wise for doing chain and sprocket replacement? General Bike Related Topics 51
M Gen 2 Busa Front Sprocket Gen II Busa Information 15
W Sprocket upgrade?? Gen II Busa Information 26
D What is thr best sprocket size for gen2 haybusa from the performance side Gen II Busa Information 27
SSGT_B Gen 1 Front Sprocket Change Question General Bike Related Topics 9
jgixxerjoe@att.net Chain and sprocket Racing Technical 6
A Gen2 20t front sprocket Top Speed 23
turbo-minivan High Sprocket Tooth Count? Track and Racing mods 3
N Sprocket Brands 1/4 Mile 6
Twobrothersbusa Front Sprocket Change General Bike Related Topics 3
T Chain And Sprocket Purchase? General Bike Related Topics 4
Bob Morin 16 Front 46 Rear Sprocket 2012 Hayabusa New Owners Forum 10
Bob Morin 16 Front 46 Rear Sprocket Anyone??? Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 1
T Fw Sprocket Cover Broke (scared The Heck Out Of Me) Busa problems 10
dave s Front Sprocket Cover Bolt Torque Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 2
HOOKDADDY What Is This By The Front Sprocket Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
Lissmon Help Upgrading Chain And Sprocket Busa problems 6
TYJUAN WALTON Heavy Duty Front Sprocket Cover Busa Mods 5
jbusa80 Sprocket Change Issue Busa problems 10
Terryzrx1200 Sprocket Hub/ Cush Drive Damage To Swingarm Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 18
InfiniteReality Sprocket size opinions please General Bike Related Topics 20
B front sprocket install goof Gen II Busa Information 8
0 Billet Sprocket Cover Busa Mods 2
T Gen 2 17T front sprocket ? Busa Mods 11
B Sprocket setup question Gen II Busa Information 5
L Taking off front sprocket with chain and wheel ALREADY off!! Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 7