How was your day?

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
How did you sleep last night? Was your bed a little lumpy? A little cool? A little warm? Get cut off in traffic? Have to park somewhere besides right at the door at Wal Mart? :super: Could be worse! ;)

sleep_01.jpg

Thanks BT...certainly offers plenty of perspective...
My brother-in-law is over there now...Air Force...and only months from retiring...he's on my mind constantly...

You want a scary thought? These troops still have it 100x better than many of our parents and Grandparents had it in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. The equipment is better, the communications are better, the clothing is better, and the food is better. Not saying it still isn't rough out in the sticks, but it's a farsight better than the troops before them.

As for deployed Air Forces, I wouldn't sweat it too much VA, while no place is safe over there the Air Bases are such a critical asset that they get some serious security. In fact I slept better, more soundly in Saudi than I do at home. And why not, there we're Army Rangers, Armor, Patriot missiles, High and Low Air cover, and AF Security Forces out there keeping me safe. I slept like a baby.

Agree with Rev, but it still sucks. It truly takes some adjusting when you get back here!

Agree with Rev, but it still sucks.  It truly takes some adjusting when you get back here!
Yeah, Rev has a point. Keeping things in perspective though, us folks who have never been in their shoes, be it WWII boots or Iraqi Freedom boots should still think about what they go through when we want to complain about silly shiot like having to walk from our car to the building in the rain, or the fact that it took 30 minutes to go a mile in traffic sitting in our heated/AC'd vehicles with a CD changer and about 400 CDs to choose from while we sit.

It's easy to get caught up in your own problems. It's good to see how rough someone else has it every once in a while just to keep things in perspective.

I meant to include my thanks to all who have been there, are there now, or who will go there in the future. I'm behind you 100%...

Americans in General, and Busa pilots especially have little room to bitch or complain about anything...  

I catch myself sometimes grousing because I do not have my BMW M3 yet...Then I think for a minute about just how well I am doing, and how many in the world are less fortunate, especially third word folks....  Then I feel like a bobo, then I eat a big steak, pour myself a nice glass of 18 year old Single malt Scotch,  walk across the hardwood floors in my socks to my big Black leather Sofa,  click on the Sony TV, and bitch because there is nothing on with 200 freaking channels...Then I feel like a bobo.  

So yeah...Most of the time I just feel like a bobo... :sad:

OH More?:super:

OK How about I bitch because my ceilings are too damn tall so when I have replace one of the can lights in the kitchen I have to get a ladder.... Then I feel like a bobo

I bitch because Torque wrenches are expensive...and feel like a bobo.

I bitch when the Marble in the shower is covered in water spots and the water takes too long to get hot...and feel like a bobo...

I bitch when I have to stop at the grocery store and pick up MORE food... and I feel like a bobo...

I bitch when I get stuck at the same stop light for a couple of cycles and I feel like a bobo...

I bitch because I just want the Newspaper on Saturday and Sunday and they insist on giving me four a week anyway free...and....Wait for it....I feel like a bobo...

I bitch at other drivers and their poor habits....and I feel like a bobo...

I ride the worlds fastest bike quite well, I hit corners N twisties, I brake late, accelerate hard, and ride fast... and I don't Bitch....and I do not feel like a bobo... Life is good... Keep on Riding...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069192040 -->

Looking at these pictures brings back a lot of memories. I wasen't in Iraq or Saudi, but I did my year in Viet Nam. No war stories here other than to say that seeing these pictures reminds of the of the times I would gladly sleep anywhere reasonably safe, rain or shine. The total exhaustion they feel must be experienced to really understand. Thanks for the post, my hat is off to all that have served, and to those troops currently serving around the globe.

Agree with Rev, but it still sucks.  It truly takes some adjusting when you get back here!
Yeah, Rev has a point. Keeping things in perspective though, us folks who have never been in their shoes, be it WWII boots or Iraqi Freedom boots should still think about what they go through when we want to complain about silly shiot like having to walk from our car to the building in the rain, or the fact that it took 30 minutes to go a mile in traffic sitting in our heated/AC'd vehicles with a CD changer and about 400 CDs to choose from while we sit.

It's easy to get caught up in your own problems. It's good to see how rough someone else has it every once in a while just to keep things in perspective.

I meant to include my thanks to all who have been there, are there now, or who will go there in the future. I'm behind you 100%...
Speak fer yerself BT... I Ride a Busa..aint no AC in traffic let me tell you.! :sad: :eek: :laugh:
pirate.gif

Americans in General, and Busa pilots especially have little room to bitch or complain about anything...  

I catch myself sometimes grousing because I do not have my BMW M3 yet...Then I think for a minute about just how well I am doing, and how many in the world are less fortunate, especially third word folks....  Then I feel like a bobo, then I eat a big steak, pour myself a nice glass of 18 year old Single malt Scotch,  walk across the hardwood floors in my socks to my big Black leather Sofa,  click on the Sony TV, and bitch because there is nothing on with 200 freaking channels...Then I feel like a bobo.  

So yeah...Most of the time I just feel like a bobo... :sad:

OH More?:super:

OK How about I bitch because my ceilings are too damn tall so when I have replace one of the can lights in the kitchen I have to get a ladder....  Then I feel like a bobo

I bitch because Torque wrenches are expensive...and feel like a bobo.

I bitch when the Marble in the shower is covered in water spots and the water takes too long to get hot...and feel like a bobo...

I bitch when I have to stop at the grocery store and pick up MORE food...  and I feel like a bobo...

I bitch when I get stuck at the same stop light for a couple of cycles and I feel like a bobo...

I bitch because I just want the Newspaper on Saturday and Sunday and they insist on giving me four a week anyway free...and....Wait for it....I feel like a bobo...

I bitch at other drivers and their poor habits....and I feel like a bobo...

I ride the worlds fastest bike quite well, I hit corners N twisties, I brake late, accelerate hard, and ride fast...  and I don't Bitch....and I do not feel like a bobo... Life is good...  Keep on Riding...
Are you trying to say you're a bitch Rev???

;) :tounge: :eek: :laugh:

pirate.gif

Heh, Not Saying I'm a Bitch, Mostly I am just a bobo a lot of the time...

Speak fer yerself BT... I Ride a Busa..aint no AC in traffic let me tell you.!  :sad:  :eek:  :laugh:  
pirate.gif
Ok, you got me there. See, I don't commute on the busa. I have a take home car. ;)

A big THANK YOU to all the soldiers out there protecting us.
Carrry on and may God bring you home safely to your families.
God Bless and keep your heads down.

Back