How was this bike lowered and does the chain need adjustment?

1UP

Registered
Well, today was a little warmer than usual so I decided to take a few pictures since purchasing it a few weeks ago. Today was a whopping 47 degrees here in Minnesota! Few questions for you guys:

1. From looking at the picture, has the forks been raised as well as it being lowered with aftermarket springs in the front?
2. Does my chain appear as there's too much sag and should it be adjusted?

Starting tomorrow and for the rest of the week, the temperature's going to be in the mid-50's and just wanting to get ready. Thanks in advance!

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9067.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

Cant tell by the pics on the front end, but usually there are spacers on the front by the upper clamp, normally slide the fork tubes up to lower the bike. The rear should have dog bones at the shock that lower it. For the chain, it looks a little loose, sit on the bike and have someone look at the sag, should be no more than about a inch play.

Oh, and be real careful with that bike, it has been lowered at least an inch and you will need to pay attention so you dont bang your header.

Kind of hard to tell from the pics. The front end looks like it is lowered with straps. Can't tell how the rear end is lowered.

My question wasn't very clear in my initial post. The previous owner installed stiffer and lowering springs in the front forks along with Brock's lowering links in the rear. From looking at the picture of the top of my triple-tree, can we tell if the distance from the top of the fork posts to the triple-tree if the forks are raised?

IMG_9068.jpg

The top of the forks look fine. Looks like the previous owner may have lowered the front end internally and cut the forks.

I hope they didnt cut the forks, the only way to raise it back is new forks. Have you looked for the straps E mentioned?

The front forks were lowered with springs according to the for sale add and that appears to be accurate. There would normally be much more of the lower portion of the fork exposed. They don't appear to be lowered with the fork tubes slid through the clamp at all, based on the pics.

The rear would have to be lowered with lowering links, other than major shock adjustment that's about the only way to go about it.

I'd be weary about having to spike the front brake with such little clearance in the front.

Fork placement is fine and it's definitely lowered internally in front.

What is your plan for the bike?

Nothing wrong with the way it's setup but you'll have to buy new springs to raise the front forks internally if that's what you're after?

If you are then you may as well get a setup for your size/weight, etc. The rear is just some links to raise back up.

Pick up on the bottom portion of the chain and see if you get more than 3/4 to 1 inch play. Hard to tell looking at it. Sweet job on the lowering.

Back