How upside down are we???

carlsbadbusa

BANNED BY MC MUSTANG
Donating Member
Registered
The State of the Union address....which is not required (Some president in earlier years have done written declarations), BUT TRADITIONALLY is the last Tuesday of January every year or atleast in the last week, and most important, an address in which every Democrat, Republican, Liberal etc can get good info out of, moved to accomodate a TV show. It is about our country, our state, where we're headed, its become a tradition, no matter what party polictical affiliation or belief you have. Well, it is "Speculated " just because it's not "politically correct" in these days to speak the truth, that enough people have "B!.C.ED and Moaned" and Blogged bla bla bla about how horrible the President is..How could he interrupt the last and final episode of LOST......and worst. is..that a network doesnt even block out time for such event....No matter who it is, it's the President, and he and our country deserve atleast a minimum respect. How are people more concerned with a Fictional TV show than with what might affect thier lives and where they are headed????? Out of anything else during the year, IMO i would think that this would be an address which id really want to see...Even worst is that the President himself goes along with it......WTF????? ...I can see it already.......Sir, I reccomend the Presidential address about our financial system collapse should go ASAP.....you kidding me Berny......I dream of gennie is on! It can wait we'll do it next week.....you know what, I got a B- Ball game next week.. make it the beginning of next month....

anyone else think this is ridiculous, any thoughts???? or is anyone whatching lost :laugh:

Last edited:
the state of the union address is nothing but a chance to further a political agenda.....

i would suggest less TV time, and more work for this president...i would rather those in washington took the time spent on this and used it to pass real legislation.

I like state of the union and state of the state address speeches.
People these days just seem to feel the need to be upset or controversial about everything. Just like the speech a while back to the school children.
Media covers scoops these days not news. Its all about the latest pop news vs what is relevant. 9/11 had more days on the cover of the NY times or, post can't remember, than any other story until tiger. He beat out 9/11. Kinda ridiculous I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like state of the union and state of the state address speeches.
People these days just seem to feel the need to be upset or controversial about everything. Just like the speech a while back to the school children.
Media covers scoops these days not news. Its all about the latest pop news vs what is relevant. 9/11 had more days on the cover of the NY times or, post can't remember, than any other story until tiger. He beat out 9/11. Kinda ridiculous I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for helping restore my faith in our society.

Outrage is in such great supply now that the production of this commodity has been increased to counter the decline in value of said commodity.

if you are looking for anything meaningful from this speech you will be disappointed...

nothing controversial about it. just a waste of time. the time for inspirational speeches has past, i want action.

1. quit cutting back room deals to pass healthcare
2. there was a terrorist attack 14 days ago, address that fiasco.
3. people are still dieing in iraq and afgh.
4. economy
5. immigration
6. border security

we are not safer than a year ago, we are not richer than a year ago....and we are not healthier than a year ago. stop the speeches and the teachable moments.

What is Lost? :laugh: Seriously....I've never watched it, don't watch much TV at all since 90% of it is fiction. I like Disc, speed, A&E and a few others but for the most part the reality show blitz started by Survivor 8 or 9 years ago lost me forever to most tv channels.

More People called in to vote in American Idol than the last Pres election !
We are Skroooood !

if you are looking for anything meaningful from this speech you will be disappointed...

nothing controversial about it. just a waste of time. the time for inspirational speeches has past, i want action.

1. quit cutting back room deals to pass healthcare
2. there was a terrorist attack 14 days ago, address that fiasco.
3. people are still dieing in iraq and afgh.
4. economy
5. immigration
6. border security

we are not safer than a year ago, we are not richer than a year ago....and we are not healthier than a year ago. stop the speeches and the teachable moments.

This "we" you speak of does not include all of us... and I'm not certain how one quantifies safety. Can you provide concrete evidence that we are less safe than we were a year ago? What are you willing to give up in exchange for more perceived safety? I'm just curious...not calling you out.

Governments of all colors struggle with where to place themselves on the "freedom v. order" pendulum arc. You are welcome to disagree, but it is my opinion we're in a pretty good position, though I'd personally prefer a little more freedom and a little less order on some fronts.

I agree that the president should come first over a TV show... I would like to hear some more ear candy on how things will get better, even know I don't believe it will anytime soon.:banghead:

Less Talk More Work......................The Proof is in the Pudding !!!!!!!!!!!!

We NEED MORE Pudding :rulez:

At Least Through Us a Bone or Something :moon:

Although I disagree with most of this president's policies I believe his state of the union speech should have been valued over a fictional show. It's another example of the priority shift of the people (or should I say sheep) to not even bother with caring about the things that truly impact them.

Very disappointing to say the least.

I do recall the president saying when he first got into office that things will get worse before they get better.

So did Patrick Swayze in "Road House" :laugh:

A Classic! RIP Patrick Swayze

road_house_ver2.jpg

That's pretty pathetic.... But then, having never watched an episode of lost, and looking rather askance at anyone who watches ANY sort of Network BS? I'd rather watch Obama, likely to funnier and scarier all at the same time. :thumbsup:

This "we" you speak of does not include all of us... and I'm not certain how one quantifies safety. Can you provide concrete evidence that we are less safe than we were a year ago? What are you willing to give up in exchange for more perceived safety? I'm just curious...not calling you out.

Governments of all colors struggle with where to place themselves on the "freedom v. order" pendulum arc. You are welcome to disagree, but it is my opinion we're in a pretty good position, though I'd personally prefer a little more freedom and a little less order on some fronts.

Lots I'd like to say in response to your post, but to keep it short. Three terrorist attacks on US soil in the past 12 months, and those three represent all attacks since 911.

I remember the first Bush not being aired by the networks. At the same time I think that State of the Unions, etc. should be given prime time coverage for all of our Presidents.

Now back to our regulary scheduled post hoing :laugh:

Back