how to the voodoo really sound??

bikerboy2182

Registered
i like the look of the voodoo short turnouts but youtube seems to be all over the place in sound quality so that wont work and noone around here has any. are they loud with the baffles in them? id like get my two brothers off and be able to see the swingarm for a cleaner look but drive it everyday and dont want a loud or crappy sound. they are too expensive too buy just to not like them. thanks for any input

To me they sound nice. I use to have 2 brothers shorty pipes on, but I took them off to put the Black Voodoo's on. If you ever heard the 2 brothers shorty, then they sound almost the same like a deep loud growl.. I love it because it makes it sound like your bike is the baddest on the block...

and with your new Pink color, you will kill em.....:bowdown:

Are we talking about those short exhaust tips that go on your cat?

If those are the ones you are talking about I would not waste your money. They have a nice growl when down shifting but I needed to put ear plugs in just to ride across town. I also liked the scream when you really got on the throttle but there was a drone at about 4k rpm that caused an annoying renaissance in my helmet.

I was never really a fan on the Voodoo exhaust addons...they look like what we used to sell at Oreillys for $9.99 slapped on the end of the cats...that might just be me, but they just look cheap. I also have a really hard time believing that they pass federal noise standards, so I dont think they're street legal...can anyone confirm/deny that?

They sell some other shorty slip on exhausts other than voodoo, seen them on Ebay. Just type in Hayabusa GP exhaust and they will come up

Yeah I agree but some for some people thats what they are looking for. To each his own :beerchug:

look up tailwindz exhaust, i think he has an ad on ebay, if not try planetvmax.com ,i have met this guy, actually voodoo stole his pipes and i think they are only 250.00 on his website. he is a Vmax guru, but makes a top quality product... way nicer than voodoo.

I have hotbodies slash cuts and idc what anybody says they sound absolutely sick. They sound sick idling they sound sick putting through town and they sound sick tearing up the open road. Don't get me wrong they are loud, but a wise man once told me if they're to loud your to old :laugh:

ya i think i might get my two bros jet coated black and call it a day. i really wanted to be able to see my swingarm but i dont want my bike as loud as them harleys rolling around with straight pipes.

Kind of like a high powered stereo system from walmart,,,,, loud and sound like chit!!!
If your thing is pizzing off your neighbors, attracting attention to yourself by bikerboyz and Cops have fun getting ripped off by some cheap poorly engineers tailpipe extensions.

My complaint with Voodoo exhausts is that, minus their fancy "Adapter plate", what they are selling you is a pair of $20 resonated muffler tips. their systems are probably worth less than $80 total, and yet they charge outrageous prices for the dang things.

hok-22202hkr_w.jpg

ya i think i might get my two bros jet coated black and call it a day. i really wanted to be able to see my swingarm but i dont want my bike as loud as them harleys rolling around with straight pipes.

Honestly to get the best answer, you should listen to them in person. Because everyone has their own opinion on this. I'm not saying Voodoo is the way to go for everyone, but I could say when I first heard them, I took my 2brothers off and got the Voodoo. I don't notice any loss, but now my Busa Grawls....
So it really depends on what sound you want to go with.

Another thing is I love the look of 300 tire kit, but alot of people don't... The point is get what you want and what you like.......

Opinions are always good, but you will never get the right answer.

Honestly to get the best answer, you should listen to them in person. Because everyone has their own opinion on this. I'm not saying Voodoo is the way to go for everyone, but I could say when I first heard them, I took my 2brothers off and got the Voodoo. I don't notice any loss, but now my Busa Grawls....
So it really depends on what sound you want to go with.

Another thing is I love the look of 300 tire kit, but alot of people don't... The point is get what you want and what you like.......

Opinions are always good, but you will never get the right answer.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I got a 240, and black voodoo on my 08.... point is, a lot of people dont like either one on this site some people do, I love the look of both and sound of the exhaust, and dont really notice a loss on power or speed but did do some different gearing to compensate for the added weight and short exhaust. Like gsessons said get what U want, as long as u like looking at it, its ur money, ur bike do what U like. If people dont like it, tell em to look somewhere else haha!!!

i love the look of the voodoo and would like to get a race swingarm for the clean looks but i cant spend $500 on voodoo if i am not going to like them. i start my bike early in the morning and dont want it to be real loud. i hope to find someone around local to hear them before i make my choice. who knows. im getting a refund from my junk Vance header so maybe ill just get them to hope for the best. that way i have my two bros on hand for backup

Back