How to shorten a track day

Ouch...03 R1 got on the gas too soon
wow.gif
 with cold tires and the camera man followed him off the track  
sad.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Yeah, and that target fixation will get you every time.

This is why you always have to remember your Keith Code on the track. Don't waste your $10 watching someone else crash.
crazy.gif

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 15 2006,13:42) Ouch...03 R1 got on the gas too soon
wow.gif
 with cold tires and the camera man followed him off the track  
sad.gif
Cold tires is the key word.

Looks like it might have been the 1st lap by the grouping of the riders and there speed
sad.gif

Great crash! And he was lucking enough to flip into the grass for a soft landing, too!

k.. I had to watch that again. I gotta say, if I was the camera guy I might have done the same thing.

If I was swinging through a right turn, feeling the momentum pulling me left and at 60-70mph I saw >THIS< right in front of me, the grassy spot may have been the best option at the time. Who knows which way that thrashing stallion could have jumped!

crash.JPG

(WWJD @ Oct. 15 2006,20:56) k.. I had to watch that again.  I gotta say, if I was the camera guy I might have done the same thing.  

If I was swinging through a right turn, feeling the momentum pulling me left and at 60-70mph I saw >THIS<  right in front of me, the grassy spot may have been the best option at the time.  Who knows which way that thrashing stallion could have jumped!
+1. I watched it again and agree. With only a second to respond I would have gone for the grass.

Rear tire broke loose and he chopped the throttle instead of riding it out.....high-side every time.

Back