How to set up hays 3 arm clutch in slider mode bar/slick

aaronxs400

Registered
FBR Atak chassis, stock motor, pc3/murray sidewinder, 170lb rider, 7 inch phoenix slick. just purchased a used hays 3 arm. I am wanting to run it in slider mode but still be able to ride it through the pits.

would i be better off setting a low stall speed (3000ish?) and launching with the lever, or a high stall speed and launch with lever or button and just use the lever to override it in the pits?

and what would be a good baseline set up?
Springs?
Weight?
Air gap?

thanks a million guys.

talk to Tim about a good baseline setup for your combo or talk to the guy who sold you the unit. If you set the clutch up for slider with a high stall then you wont want to ride it in the pits. Low stall kinda defeats the purpose of a slider. Your air gap will be the same ragardless to the rest of the setup.

ive sent him 3 emails, still waiting on a response. and i talked to a guy who has his stall low (hand slider mode) and launches with the lever using a mps air clutch and he is cutting 1.15 60fts with an 08 motor with small shot of nitrous.

If you're gonna launch off the clutch why not just set it up as a two stage?? You're friend is over ridding the whole slipper concept by using the clutch. His good 60's just mean that everything is setup right. It doesn't mean the clutch was his answer.

Give Tim a call. He works better on the phone than computer.

Back