How to remove front mudguard

NuSkwel

Registered
Does anyone know how to remove the front mudguard off an Gen 2 Busa? I have a 2019 I'm trying to take off. And how do you disconnect to plug that's connected to it?

Plug . . . you mean the connector that holds the crossover brake line on the back of the fender behind the forks? If I remember correctly, you release it from underneath the fender. I think you have to pull the wheel off anyway, else if left mounted, all the fender hardware won't fit past the forks.

Plug . . . you mean the connector that holds the crossover brake line on the back of the fender behind the forks? If I remember correctly, you release it from underneath the fender. I think you have to pull the wheel off anyway, else if left mounted, all the fender hardware won't fit past the forks.
Is there a way I can get it off without removing the tire?? I'm trying to take off the whole front fender.

if it is the same situation as the King's front fender, the brake line holder that is the culprit was riveted on, I drilled the rivets and fender was easily removed, then used nut and bolt when reattaching

Does it need to go back on? If not, sawzall....

What's a sawzall...

Iirc you can't take a gen 1 off without taking the wheel off. But I could be wrong, and a gen 2 could be different. You can always ratchet strap the front end from the ceiling if you don't have stands.

Back