How to remove dashboard cover Gen 1

Kozo

Registered
I have bought a new carbon fibre dash cover from MGracing .Could someone let me know how to take the old cover off. Thanks!

Its been too long since I have removed those on Gen I, but I think I remember you need to remove the mirrors, take the top pieces on both sides off first, then the bottom pieces come off.

I don't actually know what the bits are called, so excuse my attempt if I get the words wrong. I can do it bling-folded though!

1. Remove both upper inner-fairing, black plastic bits
2. loosen two bolts facing you, just under the left and right side of your gauges (red arrow shows the one on the left)
1fairingsandscreenoff.jpg

3. pull the bottom part of your gauges outward (toward the tank) gently. The top is fixed in place by two "knobs", that are pressed into big rubber washer thingies (see red arrows below). You need to move the gauges off these rubber thingies gently, perhaps place your fingers behind the gauges and lever them out slowly
2pullbackgauges.jpg

4. Once the gauges have been pulled away from the fairing stay,, pull back the rubber sleeve covering the plug. The plug comes off once you pinch the little black bit inwards and pull on it (see blue arrow below). Pull from the plastic (it's tricky and requires a strong grip). Don't pull on the wires.
5. Loosen the 7 screws at the back of the gauges.
3undoplugthenremove7screws.jpg

The gauge unit separates into 3 bits:

back bit (black plastic)

centre bit (all the circuits, green bit and gauges)
200520081183.jpg

and the cover (fake carbon fibre and plastic lenses)
4faceoff.jpg

Hope this helps

Also want to say thanks for the above posting! I'm changing my gauge faces tomorrow, so thank you! Any word on accurately calibrating the speedohealer?

Never done a speedo healer calibration myself, but You tube is great for these sorts of things!

a SpeedoHealer V4 using a GPS - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also want to say thanks for the above posting! I'm changing my gauge faces tomorrow, so thank you! Any word on accurately calibrating the speedohealer?

I used a GPS app on my iPhone, got up to 70mph, compared the 2 readings(phone and speedometer) and used the calculator on the speedohealer site to get the % number I had to punch in for the correction.

Word! Ima work on it as soon as I get the wire harness. That's the only thing holding me up but Pashnit (Tim is AMAZING! Buy stuff from him TODAY!) is sending it out on Monday. Check out the New Posts section under "My New Gauge Faces" (or something like that, I don't remember lol) to see the new ones today

Back