How To Properly Clean Your Motorcycle Helmet

DRK94399.JPG

Sorry but a damp cloth wiping down inside just doesn't remove funk and sweat smell .
I dunk the whole thing in a bathtub filled with warm water and wash inside with johnsons baby shampoo .
Rinse thouroughly . Then I stuff a large towel into it really tight to leach out water from foam padding . Lastly a hair dryer set on low/warm setting dries out the rest and it's like new .
South Florida and your head sweats alot . Just wiping inside down doesn't cut it .

Sorry but a damp cloth wiping down inside just doesn't remove funk and sweat smell .
I dunk the whole thing in a bathtub filled with warm water and wash inside with johnsons baby shampoo .
Rinse thouroughly . Then I stuff a large towel into it really tight to leach out water from foam padding . Lastly a hair dryer set on low/warm setting dries out the rest and it's like new .
South Florida and your head sweats alot . Just wiping inside down doesn't cut it .
agreed! :beerchug:

pretty pointless, if you havent figured that much out, you shouldnt be operating one of the finest machines ever created.

I febreeze my helmet and pledge it when i pledge my bike!

And thats all it gets :thumbsup:

Not sure I want Febreeze soaking into my head.
This is from the MSDS sheet.

Health Hazards (Acute and Chronic):
Inhalation: Inhalation of high concentrations of ethanol vapor may cause irritation of the eyes and
respiratory tract, drowsiness and fatigue.
Ingestion: Possible mild gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Eye Contact: Mild eye irritant. Do not spray directly toward face. If eye contact occurs, rinse well with
water.
Skin: Prolonged skin contact may result in transient, superficial effects similar to those produced
by mild toilet soaps.

I've been doing the same thing minus the hair dryer. They don't recommend it. I just let it sit until the inside's dry. I do this in the winter time when I can't ride for a couple of days.

Back