How to make a gen 2 the best bike you ever owned

Would it not be better to use a 2" pan from DME to have more room for fitting and more oil?

DME makes a pro pan, 1" and 1 1/2" billet pans. They do not make a 2" pan. Our reason for the DME pan has more to do with their swing pick up, which has a bearing inside. This is one of the only swing pickups we have seen that does not actually "leak" around the bearing, causing loss of oil pressure. Too many alternate versions of this type of pickup have caused engine failures - many are not around any more. The DME pan has been tested and used extensively with zero issues. And no - it does not cool the oil, that is not the purpose of an oil pan. And yes, the motor will still hold 4 quarts of oil with this pan . . .:whistle:

I have built plenty bikes and truth be told it's a waste of resources to use anything other than a stock pan when the fairing or exhaust is the lowest part of the bike. Your not ever gonna touch the stock pan unless you have big slam down wheelies and are supper slammed.. You really gain nothing, the stock pickup with a baffle/windage tray is a better alternative and $300 cheaper or more...You don't see real ground clearance issues with the above unless bike is super slammed...Money saved or well spent elsewhere but what do I know they say....

Would it not be better to use a 2" pan from DME to have more room for fitting and more oil?

It would be nice if someone made a swing pick up for a stock pan, but that's not happening. On a bike that will be lowered like this one, having a billet pan like this will not only ensure that the oil pressure is always there, but will also guarantee that should this customer accidentally experience a "moon shot" wheelie and come down hard, his pan will not be damaged - like we have seen on many turbos with stock pans. I have tested this pan on my own prostreet that carries a full datalogger and all runs show the requisite oil pressure all the way through. Different strokes for different folks . . . :poke:

Okay. Now that the engine is in, we can start getting the turbo system on . . . :laugh:

DSCN0895.jpg

Are you ceramic coating the dumps, piping, turbo, etc.?

The turbo is ceramic coated. The hot side. I didn't want the dumps because my bike is blue and gold and once I run them really hot the pipe will get a bronze like coloring and I think it would look awesome with the bike colors.

Great thread. I can remember how exciting and the damage done to the bank account. I need to post up my bike on this site. I've got a fully built gen 1 super ultra I want to get rid of for another toy and it would cost less than just parts and labor for a new build. Looking forward to the end results of this build with the new turbo

Most of the major "plumbing" is now done, you can see that not all clamps are in place, but the major components are now in position. We still have to get the straps on the plenum, that will be one of the next things to do. You can see that the blow off valve is located on the up-pipe between the turbo and plenum, and there is also a shot of RCC's newest heat exchanger mounted in front of the stock radiator. Some builders will remove the ram air tubes entirely, POWERHOUSE prefers to retain them and do some creative cutting to make everything fit as it should. When we reinstall them, we will post a pic. It doesn't hurt to have that cool air coming into the engine bay . . . Terry called today to let me know the new swingarm has just come back from powdercoating and is being shipped out. Can't wait to get this bike back on its wheels again . . .:laugh:

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0906.jpg

Most of the major "plumbing" is now done, you can see that not all clamps are in place, but the major components are now in position. We still have to get the straps on the plenum, that will be one of the next things to do. You can see that the blow off valve is located on the up-pipe between the turbo and plenum, and there is also a shot of RCC's newest heat exchanger mounted in front of the stock radiator. Some builders will remove the ram air tubes entirely, POWERHOUSE prefers to retain them and do some creative cutting to make everything fit as it should. When we reinstall them, we will post a pic. It doesn't hurt to have that cool air coming into the engine bay . . . Terry called today to let me know the new swingarm has just come back from powdercoating and is being shipped out. Can't wait to get this bike back on its wheels again . . .:laugh:

It's coming along.. Whoot Whoot. Im gonna ship you my brake line tomorrow. :thumbsup::cheerleader:

Back