How to make a gen 2 the best bike you ever owned

With the necessity of extending this bike slightly and keeping with the "stock" appearance, we decided to go with one of our "stealth" arms. This is the stock swingarm extended 4 inches with a chain guard. As you can see, there are no ugly welds and the arm looks stock. Also, the bungs for swingarm spools are moved back where they are useful and the rear blocks are stock. When we get it up on the bike - and this build will resume next week - you will be able to see that something was done when you look at the relationship between the tire and the fender. Other Busa riders always give a mod like this a second take, thinking, WTF? :laugh:

DSCN0913.jpg

DSCN0914.jpg

With the necessity of extending this bike slightly and keeping with the "stock" appearance, we decided to go with one of our "stealth" arms. This is the stock swingarm extended 4 inches with a chain guard. As you can see, there are no ugly welds and the arm looks stock. Also, the bungs for swingarm spools are moved back where they are useful and the rear blocks are stock. When we get it up on the bike - and this build will resume next week - you will be able to see that something was done when you look at the relationship between the tire and the fender. Other Busa riders always give a mod like this a second take, thinking, WTF? :laugh:

Frank,

Can you tell me the cost of the stealth arm conversion and turnaround time(or can a stock Gen II arm be sent in on an exchange basis)?On my last '03 turbo bike i had a McINTOSH Alumipro and was a great arm(and powdercoated was around $1600)but on my 2011 don't need all the bells and whistles and would rather go this route for a small stretch(stealth arm looks great!)rather than using bolt on extensions,etc.

Coming along beautiful! Nice work Frank. I like the parachute tag "remove before flight" in the plenum picture :laugh:

Frank,

Can you tell me the cost of the stealth arm conversion and turnaround time(or can a stock Gen II arm be sent in on an exchange basis)?On my last '03 turbo bike i had a McINTOSH Alumipro and was a great arm(and powdercoated was around $1600)but on my 2011 don't need all the bells and whistles and would rather go this route for a small stretch(stealth arm looks great!)rather than using bolt on extensions,etc.

Also interested on the price for that stealth arm but in raw state to match my 04 busa frame.

This conversion can be done to a Gen 1 or Gen 2, and yes, we would need a stock arm as a core. There is a 3-4 week turnaround and you would be looking at $625 raw, or $750 powdercoated semi-black to match the black Busa frame. The chain guard would be an additional $75 raw, or $100 black. When it comes raw, you still need to spray bomb it silver to match the earlier frames, but it is easy and comes out great. Shipping would be anywhere from $30-$50 in the continental U.S., depending on location. Anybody wanting these done, now is the time - let me know! :laugh:

Just by looking at a lot of the parts being used and taking a guess at the other supporting parts in the build, would you say this bike would be similar to a lot of the PST bikes, but in a street bike chassis?

Thats very neat.

If you are planning to run at Wilmington or Texas, you might want to check the chain guard rules, it may not pass tech (some inspectors think it needs to extend all the way to the frame)...

I had an extended arm like that on my 04 for a while. It was 2" over, and chrome. Nobody ever suspected a thing until I mentioned it to someone. Then the word was out!

For the full stealth cheater arm...pump up a cavity with n2o..for that little blast at the back end

Having the flu is not helping me get anything done and the boss doesn't pay me for sick days . . . as a matter of fact,
he doesn't pay me when I'm here, either! :laugh: The Ultra intercooler pump setup is done and wired, and the straps that hold the plenum down when the boost gets serious are also done. Even though this puppy could be started, we are going to get into some wiring for the various switches we will be adding . . . so stay tuned!:whistle:

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

Back