How to lower shifter...?

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I find myself constantly having to reach with my foot to do the shifting and I think there is just too much distance between my foot and the shifter. Naturally, this is causing me to slow shift.

Anyone know how to lower the shifter? I seen a recent post concerning lowered foot-pegs and having to lower the shifter, so it sounds like it is easily possible.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cloud9

You can remove it from the splined shaft and move it down notch by notch until you get uit where you want it.

Two nuts on each side of the shift shaft! Loosen them and screw the shaft one way or the other and the lever will go up or down.

Once you get it where you want, snug it back up.

As far as I remember, one nut has normal tread, the other is the opposite. So, to loosen any of the nuts, put the wrench on, and push down to unscrew. Then, turn the shaft by hand to adjust the position. Then, tighten both nuts back.

I had a serious problem having a distance between the footpeg, and the shift liver to be too close. I replaced stock pegs with those 360 deg (mentioned in the other post, and as far as I know LP stopped making them for the 'Busa - that was about 2 months ago), and positioned it about 1.5" back compared to stock. Then, I had to adjust the shift lever a few times, and now it's perfect.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085073571 -->

Back