How to lower front end

Klutch556

Registered
So I’m sure this is easy peasy. Hey I ripped out the exhaust, disassembled half the damn bike doin it. Reinstalled the new exhaust, pulled the air box an ripped out the pair valve and put in block offs. Nothins too scary!
Except lowering the front end...
motor fails? Cool I’ll coast it to the shoulder.
Rear lowering link breaks, cool. I’m still on wheels.
But if the front end drops out on me.... I turn in to the squishiest 300lb cannon ball the world has ever seen.

There’s not much I can find out there on how to do it correctly.
I got a roaring toyz lowering triple tree.
And the general idea is just pull the top. Loosen the lower DONT LET THE BIKE DROP DOWN. Get it set in place tighten down. Install the top tree and viola stubbys feet can touch! Magic!

So the lack of in depth knowledge and the fear of flying with out wings kinda has me fucked up an terrified... lol

Someone hold my hand an explain in depth to me? Anyone within a couple hours of Cincinnati? I come to you and pay handsomely... I can do dishes, mow grass, sort your bluegrass records...

Last edited:
Thats pretty much it, lower the top clamps which slide the fork tubes up, which lowers the front end. Just dont lower it too much, dont want to bang your new header on a speed bump.

Thats pretty much it, lower the top clamps which slide the fork tubes up, which lowers the front end. Just dont lower it too much, dont want to bang your new header on a speed bump.
I’m only looking to go 1/2-3/4”

And @RedBull, I saw that video. What I’m freakin out about is the lower triple. After Loosening it, how do I keep the fork from just dropping down?

I’m only looking to go 1/2-3/4”

And @RedBull, I saw that video. What I’m freakin out about is the lower triple. After Loosening it, how do I keep the fork from just dropping down?
Don't loosen it too much, keep a little resistance and it will slide under control.

That, and put a wood block under the bottom of the fork to keep it from dropping too far.

Don't loosen it too much, keep a little resistance and it will slide under control.

That, and put a wood block under the bottom of the fork to keep it from dropping too far.
So I’m sure this is easy peasy. Hey I ripped out the exhaust, disassembled half the damn bike doin it. Reinstalled the new exhaust, pulled the air box an ripped out the pair valve and put in block offs. Nothins too scary!
But if the front end drops out on me.... I turn in to the squishiest 300lb cannon ball the world has ever seen.

And the general idea is just pull the top. Loosen the lower DONT LET THE BIKE DROP DOWN. Get it set in place tighten down. Install the top tree and viola stubbys feet can touch! Magic!

So the lack of in depth knowledge and the fear of flying with out wings kinda has me fucked up an terrified... lol

Someone hold my hand an explain in depth to me? Anyone within a couple hours of Cincinnati? I come to you and pay handsomely... I can do dishes, mow grass, sort your bluegrass records...
You can also put some kind of clamp below the original so it does not drop down too far. Maybe a hose clamp or some type and loosen slowly. That is if you don't have a proper jack or can suspend the front from the ceiling.

I bought some PAIR block off plates but was going to wait until my warranty is up to do that and get my ECU flashed.

You can also put some kind of clamp below the original so it does not drop down too far. Maybe a hose clamp or some type and loosen slowly. That is if you don't have a proper jack or can suspend the front from the ceiling.
Holy poop!
Between your genius and my lack of ingenuity we make a great team, like pinky and the brain!

I’ve got a winch on my roof for my old Jeep hard top. I’m pretty sure it can support the busa for a couple min while I adjust the height!

How come no one is talking about strapping it? It's cheap you don't have to cut the springs in the forks and you still have streetable suspension

I bought some PAIR block off plates but was going to wait until my warranty is up to do that and get my ECU flashed.
Don’t wait man... I honestly didn’t enjoy riding the busa anywhere but the interstate because the 1-3 gears were so choppy at lower speeds. I always kept it in C mode to try and help with the accidental throttle jerk.
After my ecu flash (at 610 miles on the odometer) I love riding this thing everywhere lol.

Don’t wait man... I honestly didn’t enjoy riding the busa anywhere but the interstate because the 1-3 gears were so choppy at lower speeds. I always kept it in C mode to try and help with the accidental throttle jerk.
After my ecu flash (at 610 miles on the odometer) I love riding this thing everywhere lol.
Maybe this winter when the weather gets too cold to ride I will send it to Frank.

How come no one is talking about strapping it? It's cheap you don't have to cut the springs in the forks and you still have streetable suspension
Cuz I already have the lowering triple and wanna do it this way.
I know the strap is quick and easy, but I don’t like the idea of it. I prefer nuts and bolts holding it in place for me.

[/QUOTE]
What you've been shown so far works great. If you want to go a little lower. And don't care to raise your bars up. You can get one of these bar holders. Fairly inexpensive. And you just slide your bars back into this holder. You don't need to remove the grips and levers. Just slide the bars out of the stock holder. And back into the new one after it's installed. It's another option for you.

DSCN6436.JPG

spacer between upper und lower ? here our way in germany. ;-)

4 round spacers + 4 new Allen bolt + 4 nuts (the orig. are M10 x 1.00)

unscrew the upper and put in spacer (Distanz...15mm) and new bolts (I allways use stainless Allens) like on this pic. the bolts / nuts get 35 Nm

Lenkererhoehung_15mm_A.jpg

the pic shows a gen II with a 15mm (~1/2") lowered front with orig handlebar.
same you can do to a gen I. it fits.

Do one fork at a time. Not both. I’ve seen it happen usually you wind up with a messed up front fender and other stuff. Loose the upper clamp pinch bolt and then slight loosen the lower until you can start twisting the fork tube. Then just walk it up to the height you want it. Tighten the lower pinch bolts first. Leave the top pinch bolts loose. Do the other side. Then with both Sides top pinch bolts loose, cycle the forks a few times and then tighten.

Back