How to kill jobs and send companies overseas.

You should also watch this video, Catherine Austin Fitts, Secretary of housing:

Austin Fitts : Deliberate Implosion of the U.S. Economy (FL-HQ) - YouTube[/url]

She covers why the middle class is going away, and where all the money is heading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to start a reply 5 times and then deleted it. Nothing I can say about this other than what bull$**t

As a person highly interested in the dwindling resources of Madagascar and seemingly imminent extinction of hundreds of animals and plants I don't see what's wrong with the feds holding companies responsible for following the laws. This is not the first time the famous guitar maker has had legal issues in this area.

Ps some if the wood they were looking for is from that region.

Michelle Obama better watch out. CNN said she gifted a guitar to someone that had illegal wood on it.
Whoops! :)

As a person highly interested in the dwindling resources of Madagascar and seemingly imminent extinction of hundreds of animals and plants I don't see what's wrong with the feds holding companies responsible for following the laws. This is not the first time the famous guitar maker has had legal issues in this area.

Ps some if the wood they were looking for is from that region.

The amount of Ebony and Rosewood used in a guitar, means one tree will be enough for 10,000 guitars. So now we have a Tennessee factory with all its employees out of work due to problems in Madagascar?

The problem in Madagascar is caused by industries Illegally purchasing products from these countries. So yes it is the fault of the company's that purchase them and there are laws in place to punish and or deter the companies from using those products. How about instead of targeting the police involved we ask the owners if the company why they chose to put themselves and their employees in this situation to begin with.

It's like the guy going 60 in a 40 getting mad at the cop for giving him the ticket.

The amount of Ebony and Rosewood used in a guitar, means one tree will be enough for 10,000 guitars. So now we have a Tennessee factory with all its employees out of work due to problems in Madagascar?

Jelly the story I saw (forget where) I believe said Gibson makes about 1000 guitars a day?
Does that sound right? If so that one tree would not last long.
If everyone is out of work then they should blame their boss for breaking the law.
Madagascar is no concern to me but following the law is. If Gibson gets away with it than all others will try same.
I think the story said it's protected wood and can only be imported thru special permits which cost so much it would make the guitars too expensive so Gibson tried to skirt the law. Again if that's the case than the workers only need to blame the owners. Not to govts fault a law was broken.

I could have typed the following, plus an antibusiness statement, but why reinvent the wheel. "Theories about the real motivation for the raid abound, including Gibson’s use of non-union labor and the Gibson CEO’s donations to the Republican Party." The same motivation closed Chrysler and GM family owned dealerships all over the country after the Obama take over of these companies.

I just hope there's a country to save by time he's thrown out.

I'm pretty sure that the president is hiding Bigfoot and the loch ness monster in his back yard also.

I'm pretty sure that the president is hiding Bigfoot and the loch ness monster in his back yard also.

Whatever dude. This guy has beat Jimmy Carter hands down as the worse president in my lifetime. The worse.

I surely didn't vote for him. Nor do I feel he has done a fantastic job, but neither do I think he is sitting in his office targeting companies to take over for liberal party.

While the public is so busy fighting with each other about what the left or right is doing to each other and all the terrible conspiracies the politicians are busy doing what ever they like and living the good life watching the masses squabble.

I don't vote party. Registered independent since 1981. You can check my post. I was asking everyone to give him a chance after the election. I support our presidents regardless of party and you won't see me throwing up cartoons or using disrespectful terms to describe any president. I posted my opinion after nearly three years. We are not like minded and should leave it at that. Trees are a renewable resource. This was not about a tree. It's simple dirty as it gets shy town politics and this country doesn't need it. We have regulated ourselves out of business and we cannot sustain ourselves without jobs. I have been saying this for decades. We are in a critical position in our country. The second a Republican gets elected as president the media will be screaming depression. Everyone knows America is in deep crap. I absolutely agree with you on this point " While the public is so busy fighting with each other about what the left or right is doing to each other and all the terrible conspiracies the politicians are busy doing what ever they like and living the good life watching the masses squabble."

Jelly the story I saw (forget where) I believe said Gibson makes about 1000 guitars a day?
Does that sound right? If so that one tree would not last long.
If everyone is out of work then they should blame their boss for breaking the law.
Madagascar is no concern to me but following the law is. If Gibson gets away with it than all others will try same.
I think the story said it's protected wood and can only be imported thru special permits which cost so much it would make the guitars too expensive so Gibson tried to skirt the law. Again if that's the case than the workers only need to blame the owners. Not to govts fault a law was broken.

There are always two sides to a story. Here is a more reliable source. Gibson CEO To Obama: Show Some Concern For Nation's Job Creators | Fox News

Will be interesting to see how this rolls in the end, what concerns me more is that the Politicians are using it to their advantage in scoring points upon each other.

I agree with the independent thing for sure. Here in Colorado if you want to vote in primary election you have to be registered a democrat or republican though :(.

I still can't see why this would be a conspiracy though. From the companies history there has been issues with this area of skirting the law for these illegal products.

As for the trees being renewable well yes they are but only if you allow them to grow back, and that isn't happening. With out these tree it destroys the entire Eco system there and is driving several species to endangered or extinction lists.

How about instead of targeting the police involved we ask the owners if the company why they chose to put themselves and their employees in this situation to begin with. It's like the guy going 60 in a 40 getting mad at the cop for giving him the ticket.
A great point, but falling on deaf ears methinks. This is not the fault of the head of the company who willingly and repeatedly broke the law. EVERYTHING that happens in this country is directly the fault of the president. Everyone knows that. Unless it's a Republican president, then it's the fault of whoever the ranking Democrat is.

There are always two sides to a story. Here is a more reliable source. Gibson CEO To Obama: Show Some Concern For Nation's Job Creators | Fox News

Will be interesting to see how this rolls in the end, what concerns me more is that the Politicians are using it to their advantage in scoring points upon each other.
LMAO..Yeah, I mean if ya can't trust Fox News for fair and balanced, who CAN ya trust? A reliable source indeed!

i dont see anything wrong with what they did, agencies have policies on how things have to be done, it doesnt matter if they are seizing marijuanna grown stae side, cocaine from columbia, cuban contraband, stolen vehicles, illegal weapons, illegal animals, illegal food or in this case wood, its an illegal substance, and they have to follow the same procedures that they would have to follow if it were anything else, because there aways is the unknown factor, say for example, they had just sent in 3 or 4 local police officers, and it had turned out that gibson was a front for a drug or weapons smuggling ring, and those pieces of wood were hollowed out and used for transporting the contraband, well then you would probably have 4 dead police officers, and people would be saying how come they sent 4 cops instead of a swat team, you can say that im making a ridiculous circumstance, but i direct you to this Mayerthorpe tragedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... basically after they trie dto reposes his ruck, the found stolen car parts and a grow op on his property,, the 4 cops were sent there to arrest the guy and he killed all 4 of them with a rifle then shot him self, all illegal smuggling/possesion of contraband cases need to be dealt with in a serious manner, just my 2c

i dont see anything wrong with what they did, agencies have policies on how things have to be done, it doesnt matter if they are seizing marijuanna grown stae side, cocaine from columbia, cuban contraband, stolen vehicles, illegal weapons, illegal animals, illegal food or in this case wood, its an illegal substance, and they have to follow the same procedures that they would have to follow if it were anything else, because there aways is the unknown factor, say for example, they had just sent in 3 or 4 local police officers, and it had turned out that gibson was a front for a drug or weapons smuggling ring, and those pieces of wood were hollowed out and used for transporting the contraband, well then you would probably have 4 dead police officers, and people would be saying how come they sent 4 cops instead of a swat team, you can say that im making a ridiculous circumstance, but i direct you to this Mayerthorpe tragedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... basically after they trie dto reposes his ruck, the found stolen car parts and a grow op on his property,, the 4 cops were sent there to arrest the guy and he killed all 4 of them with a rifle then shot him self, all illegal smuggling/possesion of contraband cases need to be dealt with in a serious manner, just my 2c
Very good post. I own and operate 4 businesses including a shipping company. I don't get to choose which laws I comply with and those I don't...that's why they're called LAWS! The owner of this company not only knew the law, but had violated it before, putting his employees and business at risk.

All you people who thinkthe government does nothing but impede business with regulations need to spend some time in China as I do regularly and see how great life is without restrictions and regulations protecting employees and the general public. There are cities there where it's hard to breathe and blowing your nose at the end of the day results in what looks like black toxic waste!

Laws are there for a reason. Some are sensible, and some are just plain bloody stupid. I don't get to choose which I'll follow and which I won't without facing punishment. This man CHOSE to take the risk and is now whining because he has to take responsibility for it!

Back