how to hurricane proof a busa

oldbird

Registered
watching the news and it looks like emily is coming straight toward us deep south texas not having a garage one of my biggest concerns is what to do with the busa i keep it in my back yard covered up any input would help as to where i could stash it for a few days was thinking of a storage rental but dont know how strong they are i hope emily decides to turn soon

if that option is not available, then remember that you have 6 gears and plenty of time to get out of the way.

Living room or kitchen...
2nd this recommendation
Move the couch and get her inside.
We have a little experience with hurricans over here in Fl. Here's my .02:
Try to put it in someone's garage, if you don't have one. DO NOT PUT THE BIKE IN YOUR HOUSE, UNLESS:
You have called your insurance company and asked if this will negate your policy. If you bring a fuel source into your house, you may have problems making a claim. Not saying it is a bad idea to put the bike indoors, but- it is a bad idea to put the bike indoors before you make the call to your insurance.

If all else fails -
follow Vincent's advice!

If you bring a fuel source into your house, you may have problems making a claim.
Drain the tank of gas and the pan of oil, then roll that sucker in  
tounge.gif

putting it inside may not be a great idea i live in a mobile home so if it gets really bad i may have to go and stay at a motel as it is my wife thinks i spend to much time with my bike i may just get one room for the wife and kids and one for me and my bike lol

Take it to the dealership to have something done on it. Dont pick it up til the hurricane's done blowing...

even better.. put it in the motel room wif ya..

put some tape over the exhaust pipes though.. I hear they will stink up da' house .. not stink.. but residue in the canister will smell a bit.

Back