How to fix the silver pegs/rearsets?

Blacksmith

Registered
The only shiny part on my black bike are the pegs and rearsets, the rearsets being the most obvious. What do you boys suggest that have remedied this on your bikes? Paint, powder coat, can you order new parts in a different color? What's the best route?

I painted mine with semi gloss truck bed liner paint...first I sanded them, laid a good primer, covered with truck bed liner paint then baked them for a couple hours on low. So far after 6 months or so, they look just the same as when I did them.

Others have powder coated them as well

Driven rearsets and plastidipped passenger rests.

The only shiny part on my black bike are the pegs and rearsets, the rearsets being the most obvious. What do you boys suggest that have remedied this on your bikes? Paint, powder coat, can you order new parts in a different color? What's the best route?
Buy, buy, buy new parts then say bye to the old. No powder coating if possible.

Buy, buy, buy new parts then say bye to the old. No powder coating if possible.
That is usually my method!!
If it gets old, looks odd, take it off and replace it LOL.
Powder coat is just as good just keep in mind the down time when you send them out. Remove and prep yourself.

There's a guy here in town that's supposed to be pretty good for p.c. but I may have to buy some more pegs to keep from being down a week or more

You may be able to avoid the downtime with the right powder coating company. The one I used set up appointment 3 weeks ahead. I dropped off parts in morning and had them back the next afternoon.

Back