How to deal with controversy and Thread Jacking

internet-wrong.png

kind of explains it all

I dont remember this being much of an issue back when I joined in 06. I deal with enough negativity when Im at work. This is the last place it needs to be. Thank for watching out Cap!

I dont remember this being much of an issue back when I joined in 06. I deal with enough negativity when Im at work. This is the last place it needs to be. Thank for watching out Cap!

It was an issue back then too but there was so much other volume and threads came and went so fast there just wasn't enough time to thread jack all of them. The mods and admins along with the members have made this place what it is... This is not the "Captain" show, I am simply for lack of a better vocabulary I am the voice of the forum.

Captain, will you please define what constitutes thread jacking and controversial posts? I feel like I've been involved in some heavy discussion recently, and there has been quite a bit of back and forth. All parties have kept it respectful and PG, and it's been in the appropriate section of the board.
Are there hard and fast rules, or is this a "you'll know it when you see it" type of situation?
I love this place, love the interaction we have, and want to respect your house.

Captain, will you please define what constitutes thread jacking and controversial posts? I feel like I've been involved in some heavy discussion recently, and there has been quite a bit of back and forth. All parties have kept it respectful and PG, and it's been in the appropriate section of the board.
Are there hard and fast rules, or is this a "you'll know it when you see it" type of situation?
I love this place, love the interaction we have, and want to respect your house.

I would say check out the one thread in the hijack forum and that will completely nail it. It was basically what started the whole thing. Great thread and then came the childish name calling.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/hi-jack-thread-1.195772/

When the topic of the thread is overtaken or so ridiculously interrupted by back and forth on a different topic. There are times when a whole second conversation gets going in the first thread and it's hard to keep track of who the last person that posted about the first topic. I've split those out in the past and made two threads out of them just to keep the topics separated so Thread Jacking isn't always a negative argument, sometimes great new conversations just spin up

When the topic of the thread is overtaken or so ridiculously interrupted by back and forth on a different topic. There are times when a whole second conversation gets going in the first thread and it's hard to keep track of who the last person that posted about the first topic. I've split those out in the past and made two threads out of them just to keep the topics separated so Thread Jacking isn't always a negative argument, sometimes great new conversations just spin up
Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying.

Back