How to clean your helmet lens perfectly!

mikeyusf

Registered
I have a tip that I learned about 2 years ago that works awesome.

One of the best ways I've ever found to clean the helmet shield is to use warm water and toothpaste! Any regular toothpaste will do, just take a drop of toothpaste, and with running water work it into the visor and keep rubbing until the water dissolves it. Spread a thin coat evenly and and keep rubbing with your hands until the water rinses it clean. If you've never used this method, you will be SHOCKED at the results

When you are done rinsing it, use toilet paper tissue (not paper towels because paper towels contain wood fibers, which could scratch iridium lenses) or better yet, use a soft t-shirt to dry it. The toilet paper works ok, but the t-shirt doesnt leave any lint or streaks.

At Sports Authority or any sports store, they sell an Anti-Fog spray. Most of the time it's in the diving section, for diving masks, but it all works the same. I use some stuff from Speedo, that runs about $6 a bottle. It's a clear spray that helps supress fog. I usually spray the lense, and use a tshirt to work it in. the spray leaves a slight film on the inside of the lense, so you need to rub it in really good with a soft tshirt or it wont look crystal clear.

I thought they were crazy too, but toothpaste is an awesome product for cleaning the lens of a helmet! Try it for yourself!

Mike

Thanks for the tip. I will be trying this at home tonight...

BTW, what is "toothpaste"?
face7.gif

THE NON GRITTY KIND!!!! DO NOT USE THE SH*T WITH CRYSTALS IN IT!!!!! USE REGULAR OLE COLGATE TOOTHPASTE

Just regular standard colgate paste is all you need. The cheap stuff works perfect!

Mike

great. goin home at lunch to get my busie. was 30* when I left, so its warm enough now, 45*. Gonna clean my shield like that and will let ya know.
thanks.
beerchug.gif

thanks for the tip, i have never returned the crystal clear look of my visor since the initial purchase

Back