How to Clean Fuel Injectors

suzuka1980

Registered
I feel my fuel injectors are kindda crappy. How do I go about getting them cleaned??

I tried fuel injector cleaners, but they don't really work. I also tried techron, same result...

I take the injectors out and clean by blasting them with brake cleaner. I also used an o ring kit from Autozone for lil smaller o ring. Makes it easier. Process takes 15 mins for me. Works 100%
But my problem is because of rust
Posted via Mobile Device

I take the injectors out and clean by blasting them with brake cleaner. I also used an o ring kit from Autozone for lil smaller o ring. Makes it easier. Process takes 15 mins for me. Works 100%
But my problem is because of rust
Posted via Mobile Device

How do I take the injectors out??

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I am not that adventurous. The furthest I have gone at the engine area is removing the petrol tank and airbox.

cleaning them that way will not work to good.......

we offer a fuel injector cleaning service.... and they are flow tested as well and you are provided a spec sheet..heres more info

Cost $25.00 per injector or $100 per set

The injectors are leak tested.
The injector coils are resistance checked.
The injectors spray pattern is checked.
The before photo of injectors spray pattern is taken.
The injectors are flow tested with results recorded in cc/min.
Filters, o-rings, & pintle caps are removed.
The injectors are ultrasonically cleaned while being operated at varying rpm and pulse width.
The injectors are re-assembled with new filters, o-rings, and pintle caps.
The injectors spray pattern is re-checked
The after photo of injectors spray pattern is taken.
Injectors are packed and returned to you via UPS.

shipping is not included in price.

Contact us for additional information PRIOR to shipping us injectors
1-800-510-1945 ext 10

Last edited:

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I am not that adventurous. The furthest I have gone at the engine area is removing the petrol tank and airbox.

ITS VERY EASY.
But before trying, buy an Oring kit from Autozone 7$ before you try this.
because you may break the oring during handleing.

Take off the airbox by loosening the philips head screw
on either side where the airbox connects to the throttle body.
unclip and unhook every clip and hose coming from the airbox.
it should be free now just remove from that area and set down.
BECAREFUL here, use a correct sized philips driver and unscrew
the rail (4) screws.
now unclip the the connection from each injecter
pull off the rail, then pull out each injector.
do not twist just pull as to not break the oring.

i use prestone heavy duty non-chlorinated breake cleaner yellow can
with the straw inside inject just blast away.
afterwards until the buildup is back
the bike has never been as strong
the first time i did this, i realized how long i had the bike
and never had this power, so my injectors were obviously
getting clogged for years...
this method works for my problem.
rusting tank causing film over the screens.
so theres a chance it may not work for u,
but wouldnt hurt.
i have to keep doing this till i fix my tank.

PM if you have trouble

cleaning them that way will not work to good.......

we offer a fuel injector cleaning service.... and they are flow tested as well and you are provided a spec sheet..heres more info

Cost $25.00 per injector or $100 per set

The injectors are leak tested.
The injector coils are resistance checked.
The injectors spray pattern is checked.
The before photo of injectors spray pattern is taken.
Filters, o-rings, & pintle caps are removed.
The injectors are ultrasonically cleaned while being operated at varying rpm and pulse width.
The injectors are re-assembled with new filters, o-rings, and pintle caps.
The injectors spray pattern is re-checked
The after photo of injectors spray pattern is taken.
Injectors are packed and returned to you via UPS.

shipping is not included in price.

Contact us for additional information PRIOR to shipping us injectors
1-800-510-1945 ext 10
In the years of cars and injectors (and yes this is something that is the same cars to bikes)

This is the ONLY system that really works I have found.. you might get a partial cleaning with chemicals etc but experience has been, they usually get worse than better.. Spend the money the first time and be done with it.. (also make sure the rest of the fuel system is clean)

Chemical in tank cleaners are only good to keep a system clean IMO... they do not fix plugged injectors and IME, can actually cause trouble if the system is very bad at all.. Run these cleaners from when the bike is new and they are great..

Last edited:
I know I have great results with my brake cleaner method
marvelous results.
but that is for my particulat problem.
i have another set of injectors that have been pulled for a ling time
that i would send of for cleaning.
but sending them off to be clean, would only be worth it
if you fix the problem at its source first. why is it getting clogged. as in my case, i agree
no fuel additives work for un-clogging. just preventative

anybody has pics on how to remove the injectors?

KhandyRhedBhusa has given instructions....but pics would be better

Go with the injector cleaning service provided by Doug at Spencer Cycle. It is the absolute BEST way to get your injectors right. They will come back to you with new orings and screens installed, ready to go!!!:D

Go with the injector cleaning service provided by Doug at Spencer Cycle. It is the absolute BEST way to get your injectors right. They will come back to you with new orings and screens installed, ready to go!!!:D
:beerchug: Doug is good people and provides a solid service..

BadInjectors.jpg

These are the injectors before cleaning but the ones on the right are the way they all looked after cleaning.

I pulled my injectors just as instructed in this thread. I then cleaning them with carb cleaner. I have to say it made a good difference in my performance but didnt bring this bike back from the dead completely.

I just bought an 08 Busa with 5k miles on it (left sitting to rot). After putting about 1500 miles through it and restoring the internally rusted gas tank as well as new plugs and air filter and 2 oil changes plus some chemical gas additive cleaners, I turned to the injectors.

<The problem I was having is when I hit about 120 in 6th gear it just stopped accelerating until I let up a little as if it was cutting fuel delivery-this was so in each gear but scary to top out in lower gears because when it lost power it was a major power loss>

After cleaning my injectors my bike will accelerate much more properly but I KNOW Im still not getting the performance I should be so here soon Ill ship them to a professional.

POST YOUR PICS

I tried everything the peepz on the internets said would work, as far as home remedies... NONE WORKED! I ended up getting them professionally done somewhere in Cali. Instant success in getting the bike to run like it should. No comparison, swallow the $120 and just do eeeeettt! I probably spent that much in additives, cleaners, and misc. items before sending them out. In the mean time, I found a set of OEM injectors on eBay for $30, but they were dirty too. 10 day turn around and I was in heaven.

Any of the home remedies are short-term band-aids.... at best.

Never had clogged injectors. I run a small dose of Seafoam every other fill--about an ounce/tank. Always store bikes with 1 oz Seafoam/gallon of gas. It's powerful stuff.

Back