How to check the miles on -08.

TheDuck1

Registered
The Busa have been in winter garage for nearly half a year now and i dont remember how to check the miles and i dont want to start it up this moment.Pushed the two buttons on the middle instrument but nothing happens and all i could see there the miles usually are is the letters "check".Confused as usual.

(please move the post if it is in the wrong place).

The Busa have been in winter garage for nearly half a year now and i dont remember how to check the miles and i dont want to start it up this moment.Pushed the two buttons on the middle instrument but nothing happens and all i could see there the miles usually are is the letters "check".Confused as usual.

(please move the post if it is in the wrong place).

You may have to turn on the fuel pump.

Mine is also stored without battery so I can't do a test for you. I've seen the CHEC display pretty often so don't worry about that. I can't remember what it is but I have a hunch it may be the gear sensor or clutch sensor. Remember, this thing won't start in any gear including N without pulling the clutch Try popping it in N and look at the display. Pull the clutch lever.

Last edited:
Of course, the engine is running in the second pic but I don't think you need to start it to get the odo as long as it's in N a/o the clutch lever is pulled.

dsply.w.jumper.jpg

cleardcode.diag.unjumped.jpg

Mine is just a lowly Gen1 but if my kill switch is thrown the CHEC light comes on. Also, with a good battery all I have to do to see the mileage is turn the key on and thumb thru, no clutch pull etc.

LOL I think you kill switched yourself Duck1! I can't remember what it is that makes the CHEC display replace the odo but it's something very simple you do all the time. The bike won't start until you figure this one out so you will definitely resolve it.

Bike in neutral, kill switch in the “run” position and turn the key.
What Mabupa and CBXRider said , if you don't have the run switch on then dash shows chec . If battery okay , then read your dash odometer I guess , don't need to start .

Finally tested the suggestions and with the bike in neutral, side stand up and ignition on it showed the miles.YIPPY KAYEY.

Sadly my Busa didnt show the miles with the sidestand down.But when i turned the sidestand up something was buzzing from the bike and the miles was suddenly visible.

Back