How The Hell Does A $8900 Bike Become Almost 11k?

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Got my new 2015 bike. Drove to opposite side of state. When I did paperwork there was Freight fee, assembly fee, administration fee, etc.... so advertised 8900 bike is 10,500? When I bought my only other new bike in 06, my Busa. I got it for 9k and only paid taxes, title, etc... is that normal? Either way it was still cheap so can't complain but kind of aggtivating. Lesson learned.

Yeah! Total ripoff. I was looking at dual sport bikes and a dealer had a leftover advertised for $4900, so called them to get a test ride and OTD price. The salesman called back and said it would be $6500 OTD!!!!. I just laughed and told him to have a good day. I ended up buying a used one with $1000 worth of upgrades for $3900 from a private seller and have been more than happy with it.

There is a fugged up thing out there called....

The fine print.....

Bastards...

Rubb.

Yep, look for the asterisks and it will say plus set up and delivery. Don't forget it drops $2000 the second you ride it off the lot.

Well even with costs I got a good deal and love the bike so all is good. I'll remember next time to ask what price is otd.

Factory does not ship the product to dealer for free . You got a good deal as MSRP is 15K . 10 months ago I paid 12,994 OTD after all fees for a 2014 . your sales tax was $534 plus bridge/title /inspection fees

Got my 2011 FOR $10,800 and OTD was $12,734.50 so sounds about right.All 3 of my Busas were bought new,worth the extra $ to me knowing someone hadn't run the piss out of it before I got it.:D

Wow! You all make me feel fortunate. When I first entered the bike market, the local Suzuki dealer in near Springfield, Mass would only talk about the MSRP and not move. He said that since they don't sell many Busas, he wasn't worried about getting rid of the 2 in the store. After a little research, I found the perfect place in West Virginia. It was a drive to get there but the salesman said that the bike was mine for $10,500 and that's exactly what I paid for a brand new fresh out of the crate and on to the U-Haul trailer 2012 Sparkling Black Busa in 2013. When I make my next new motorcycle purchase, I'll be returning there.

It was a zx14 not busa. I couldn't find a deal on a busa. But it was a 16k bike. I found several for more than I paid so still happy. Just was not ready for price to be so high. I knew taxes and licensing was not included just the other fees were a shock.

tell the sales folk you will no pay freight nor will you pay assembly nor will you pay prep. They get the bikes in a crate from suzuki. They then have to "assemble" which they charge you for. They also have to prep for sale ( add oil, gas, check bulbs, etc) which they also charge you for. The greatest is they love to pass on freight (shipment cost to dealership from factory,or relocation from 1 dealer to another). All in all highway robbery.

Back