how the he!! do i put a map on my bike

nolo263

Registered
im trying to put a new map on my bike but i cant figure it out. i got my bike with the power commander but no instruc. or cd to load on my computer. i went to power comander .com and downloaded the instructions and what i guess the application but when i try to load a map onto the power commander application it sais error file not loaded! am i supposed to load a map to program first or first connect to bike? and then load program.

im trying to put a new map on my bike but i cant figure it out. i got my bike with the power commander but no instruc. or cd to load on my computer. i went to power comander .com and downloaded the instructions and what i guess the application but when i try to load a map onto the power commander application it sais error file not loaded! am i supposed to load a map to program first or first connect to bike? and then load program.
flame the newbie...
newbie.gif

where....did ya get the map from...

a cereal box...
an' email...
right off EBAY...
a trusted friend , who used to know a guy, who used to work at this shop that went bankrupt....

get a tuner.... get one thats good.

end of story.

or, we/me/us could talk you thru a Cheese-y upload.

hav a well tuned 1...RSD

check and see if you got the right software ? there is power commander 2 and 3 out there make sure the one you have will work
rock.gif
make sure you have the correct map one for a 3 wont work on a PC 2 not that i know of
rock.gif

rock.gif

Im guessing you have a PC3. Connect your PC3 to your computer and start the application. click the "open map file" button at the top. Select the map you want from the list. Oh yeah, be sure the ignition on the bike is on. once you open the map, it should show up on the grid on the main page. then just click "send map". Bingo, your done. If you dont have any maps downloaded, just go to the powercommander website, click applicaations, select your bike, and a list of avalible maps should show up. click on the one you want and it should download as a self extracting file to whatever folder you chose. Now go and find that file and click on it. A screen should show up, read it and click "ok", then another screen will show up, dont change anything just click "unzip". after all that the map will be in the right folder, so when you click "open map file" it will be there. Good luck!
smile.gif

Could be tough to drag the desktop over to the bike though
blush.gif

I hope you have a laptop
biggrin.gif

Or a loooong usb
tounge.gif

You can get the 9 volt adapter from the powercommander site also. Then you can load maps without the bike on or hooked up.

Which version of PC do you have
rock.gif

If you have the PC3USB ... Then you would have to connect the PC to a USB port on your computer, or your laptop first. Then you open the software that you downloaded from powercommander.com that is meant for the PC3 USB... You load the map in the software first, and then transfer it to the PC3! Pretty simple!

Back