How old were you, 1st time behind the wheel?

:cheerleader::cheerleader: PAGE :cheerleader::cheerleader:

And I was 12

Dad let me drive the Datsum B210 to the neighbors house to buy fresh milk

I was in 6th grade and i had two paper routes, on sundays the papers were huge and if it rained it was one brutle morning...my Pop had mercy on me one morning and not only taught me to drive but chucked the papers out the window while i got to pilot, thats how i learned, it was an international pickup with a 4 cylinder engine and a manuel 3spd. trans. it was the most power i ever piloted i thought, way faster than my suzuki 50 but just barley:laugh:

on a tractor by myself at 7, behind the wheel of a car driving around the hay field behind the house at 8, and driving my grandfather around in his '68 Ford on public roads at 10 (this one without my parents having any idea :thumbsup:) never had an accident until i got my license :laugh:

my first speeding ticket I was 12 on my dads 87 ninja.:thumbsup:(I think I still have the belt marks:spank:)I would take off on any of the 3 bikes he had when he left the keys at home while he was at work.cant remember how many times I got beat but I couldnt wait for him to forget the keys again:whistle:

8 when I took my moms car the first time.. (Ford Maverick) I did the right thing however, I did not want to get in trouble so I stayed off the street.. I drove it down the sidewalk... :rofl: true story..

I was 12 learn in VW bug. It was my dad's. He usd to take the air out of the tire for me not to take it for a sping but a did it anyway. until he got me and it didn;t went good for me. :whistle:

10-12 Driving on the Farm (tractor even earlier). Had my motorcycle license at 14; had the precursor to the CDL at 18 hauling hazmat. My daughter at 6 has been driving my pickup on my dad's farm (In my lap with me providing overwatch of course!). Earlier the better and practice practice practice.

I was driving from about 8 onwards in a '69 Dodge Van with a three-on-the-tree. We'd go fishing the ponds in the fields and dad would have me drive cause he was drinking :laugh: I had to sit on the edge of the seat to use the clutch but it worked. This was in Hanna, OK. Very rural and no cops. In the winter it was into the '77 Jeep Wrangler (another 3-speed but this one with a 304 V8) and go around pulling ppl out of ditches.

I taught my daughter at 12 as well. Parking lots only. I think it's a good age to start learning to control the vehicle.

leanred to control the top contols (starting the vehicle,steering,directionals,wipers,horn,etc) at 5yrs-of course all mastered while sitting on my dads lap :-))) took the pilot seat at 11 on my moms 1980 mini cooper.

Behind the wheel? About 12, but only in parking lots and the home driveway.

Behind the bars? Also 12, but I was teaching with MSF the same year! :thumbsup: Didn't get to ride on the street until I got my first bike at 18.

Back