How often to change oil.

Why use an expensive synthetic oil only to change it every 2000k miles? Isn't the reason for using synthetic oil in an engine to stretch the distance between oil changes making it cheaper to use in the long run?

thanks for any input on this!

My point exactly that is wht I do not use syn oil I change my oil and fiter way too often to spend real money on it.
when I got my oil free I use to drain it and then put it in my cars for another 3k.

Oil is cheaper than a new engine,it is better to follow the guide lines set by your manual.First two or three oil change use standard oil,then switch to your favorite syn-oil.Good Luck

I do not agree with not putting in synthetic oil even if you change it every 1500-2000. synthetic oil is superior to crude oil by far...go out and do the research on the net yourself for snythetic oil testing....it is proven to make the internal temps of the engine to run up to 20d or 20% cooler than non-snyts....just my 2c. Give your Busa the best and ride hard

3000 miles Golden Spectro 10 - 40. Filter too. Hey FC don't be scared of it, strip that mutha naked dude! As often as she needs.

I change my oil when it needs it. How can I tell. The shifting will get notchy, or the oil turns darker color(contaminated). Bike gets fresh oil before AND after drags/top speed racing. Clutch material from drags darkens oil quick.

Even though I change it frequently, I use synthetic oil. I change the filter every other. Overkill? Maybe....maybe not.

Dave

It's my 1st Time putting "Motorcycle Specific" oil in my Bike. I have 4000 miles on it,,and yes the Golden Spectro does give you a Smoother shift by Far.
my previous oils were Mobil 1 Car 15-50,,and Amsoil Car 20-50,,both not as smooth as Spectro.

161 ®

Back