How often do you change oil when drag racing

Husky

Registered
Just trying to get an idea how many times you guys are changing your oil when drag racing your Busas. About how many runs do you get out of oil change and what kind of oil does everyone favor.

Thanks

Just trying to get an idea how many times you guys are changing your oil when drag racing your Busas. About how many runs do you get out of oil change and what kind of oil does everyone favor.

Thanks

I change my oil every 3000 miles with Suzuki engine oil. I end usually having about 10 to 15 runs between oil changes.

Once a month during racing season. Rotella 15-40. Turbo bike. Used Mobil 1 when it was all motor.
You will get a million different opinions on what brand and weight of oil to use, just remember you can't go wrong using whatever the manual says to use.

if u go to a track rental and make 15-20 WOT passes I would change my oil when I got home. thats just me and its on a turbo bike. I know on my turbo cars I would change the oil every time I got back from the track if I made quite a few passes. an ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of cure.....:whistle:

rotella t with a turbo bike oil analysis may show differences of brands but many racers use rotella t and slap on a sticker for contingency money check out bbb oil reviews with ny cabs....at 6k the breakdown was minimal from brand to brand

if u go to a track rental and make 15-20 WOT passes I would change my oil when I got home. thats just me and its on a turbo bike. I know on my turbo cars I would change the oil every time I got back from the track if I made quite a few passes. an ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of cure.....:whistle:

I agree with GN . . . when I was running in a sanctioned class I would change my oil after every event into a clean pan. The oil then got inspected very carefully to check for evidence of bearing material, or anything else that would alert me to an impending issue that might cost me a win in the next event . . .

Stock motor 08 here. I run Mobil-1 5-20 car oil. I change at the beginning of the year and middle of the season. That's a couple hundred runs per change. After four years of doing this the bike still performs as well as it did new. I can't imagine changing oil after 15 passes! Heck, last Sunday I made 31 passes in 5-1/2 hours.

I change my oil n filter every other weekend of racing...30-50 passes.
In the past used Rotella T4 with no problems. Now I use our YamaLube motorcycle bulk oil/OEM filter from the dealership I work at (employee discount is very nice). Still no issues...

Back