How often change your sparkies?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
MY 06 HAS 3,000 MILES BUT BEEN DRAGRACED.
I USE A LAUNCH BOX OR RPM LIMITER WICH I THINK CAN FOUL plugs a little.
I slappen new in 2day sounds little crisper little better.From now on with me on a busa its 1 time per year.

Like my coolant catch can made it myself
Guess thats not hard 2 believe,I have a hydraulic clutch release mounted on my clutch slave aso stock bottle was in the way.Thats a gizmo that releases clutch fully adjustable.

IMG_6492.jpg

Last edited:
If you wnay to throw your money away, do them as stated above, but do you change your plugs in a car that often, no!

Years back with the higher ingnition systems, yes they need to changed more often, but not with fuel injection!

i do them when my air filter needs cleaned or changed, 2 birds with one tank flip...:thumbsup:

which clutch release are you using?? i see mps makes one but had doubt on just how adjustable it was. stock clutch?

I agree that 10k may be to early to swap out... but like djsin I do it with the air filter while I am there. But it does feel smoother once replaced!

If you wnay to throw your money away, do them as stated above, but do you change your plugs in a car that often, no!

Years back with the higher ingnition systems, yes they need to changed more often, but not with fuel injection!
amen brother...

31K and one plug change here (was beginning to start hard)

If the thing is running ok and the fuel mileage is fine? why change them? Ignition systems and fuel delivery of todays motors is so good...

Not at all unusual for a car to go 60-100K on a set of plugs today..

I think it call's for 8k mile's to change them. I do them once a year, 6-8k. It's nice to work on your bike when it's not broken.You are not fustrated with it.

once a year sounds resonable to me. Prolly in the spring when your doing all your regular "out of winter storage" ritual if your one of those people that dont ride in the winter.

amen brother...

31K and one plug change here (was beginning to start hard)

If the thing is running ok and the fuel mileage is fine? why change them? Ignition systems and fuel delivery of todays motors is so good...

Not at all unusual for a car to go 60-100K on a set of plugs today..

Most new cars go 100K before first tune up. Been that way for years. At least the cars I buy :rofl:

I think it call's for 8k mile's to change them. I do them once a year, 6-8k. It's nice to work on your bike when it's not broken.You are not fustrated with it.

The Gen II is 7.5K. I just spoke with a few guys here and decided not to change them with the 7.5K service.

Back